The heart attack (riding pics)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The heart attack

Its a little late to weld anything to the frame now that its painted , but I had though about it before. Its hard to cut a slot in the middle of a piece of metal. Changed a few things...heading out for my chain at wal china

forkchange002.jpg

forkchange004.jpg

forkchange005.jpg

forkchange006.jpg

Just gettin' caught up on this thread and I gotta tell ya, that's one of the best looking bikes I seen! Love the shape, love the color, love the tires!
Are you going to stick with the forks on there now or change them out for something else (I don't remember seeing your final answer)
Looks good like it is, but I envision short chopper style front end (if you know what I mean).
On another note, I'm always amazed at what people pickout of a photo (I see you still haven't changed out your wire wheel on your bench grinder)!
Back to the bike, how are you going to mount that kickstand? :shock:

Re: The heart attack (new pics)

damm that thing is sweet :shock: ,the color is killer ,just like all your builds their all nice & clean looking.

With the exception of a chain and a brake arm clamp ....its done. What you see is what will be there. The kickstand is mounted. It a small one that swings up next to the bottom of the chain stay. It does work and dosent detract from the build much. glad your like it. Its hard to find time to run over and pick up a new wire wheel. I have several bench grinder with them on there.

drabe said:
Just gettin' caught up on this thread and I gotta tell ya, that's one of the best looking bikes I seen! Love the shape, love the color, love the tires!
Are you going to stick with the forks on there now or change them out for something else (I don't remember seeing your final answer)
Looks good like it is, but I envision short chopper style front end (if you know what I mean).
On another note, I'm always amazed at what people pickout of a photo (I see you still haven't changed out your wire wheel on your bench grinder)!
Back to the bike, how are you going to mount that kickstand? :shock:

Looks like you posted more pics while I was writing my previous thread!
I was messing with you about the tube you were using to hold it up in previous pics!
And then you go and put on the forks I was thinking of, uncanny!!
Now that they are on there, which do you like better?

Triple tree front end looks PERFECT!....Color, PERFECT.......Curved seat tube, PERFECT.....I think I like it! :D

Hey Drabe They were the wife's idea on the forks. I think they look good.
Baalberry...kota... mark....metalman...I'm glad yall like it. I'm getting a little better with each one I build. I hope the next one will out do this one. Couple days to finish up and clean the shop .and I'm ready to start another something or another . I hope it will turn out good too.

Forks look perfect. I am glad your wife has good taste :wink:

yes! came out great.

when are you going to cut it up and start over?

I thought about that :D ,but I really dont see another bike inside this one....looks like a keeper to me.
Ok here is my proof it will ride. Oh yeah the doctor called and said my heart was fine, but my but and stomach were too big. :roll:

You make the most "ridable" bikes I've seen...THAT'S what makes them so beeeaaaauuutiful.........Besides they just look so darn COOL!

Thanks guys ....If I get any longer I wont be able to turn it through my kitcken. At least with each one I build I'm getting the dimensions on comfortable down. I can tell on the next one how long each tube should be and like that. I'm hopeing to get started on the next project by this next week. :wink:

Ok Uncle Stretch,
I've had my eye on a English wheel for some time, and you've inspired me to go beyond using EMT benders. Can I ask, what tubing bender did you get?
Very tight bike. And very impressive and efficient work for time spent.
Regards,
Jules

I bought a cheap $149.00 Harbor freight tubing roller and then got some 1 1/2'' 16 ga tubing. I would rather had thicker ,but that is all the steel place I use had. I tried some 1 5/8'' 11 ga. That is what my top bar on this bike is. It deformes it with smaller rollers and makes it kinda oval shape. This was just a pratice run to try out my bender. I can usually build something pretty fast. I kinda stay on it...being retired. Counting paint I think this was a 8 day build ,but I watched it rain for 3 and couldnt paint . Glad you like it.

Very nice! I like the geometry. It's like the crank forward Electra frames. It's nice to be able to stop and put your feet on the ground!

mikek said:
Very nice! I like the geometry. It's like the crank forward Electra frames. It's nice to be able to stop and put your feet on the ground!
Sometimes you hit everything just right. I got lucky on this one. I'm sure professional frame builders understand dimensions alot better than I do. I am getting better. As I build more I see what works and try to use the same dimensions on each build and then just change the look.
This one does ride good.

Latest posts

Back