The heart attack (riding pics)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Impressive, What kinda paint did you use that alows you to be in primer on Tues. and painted by wed afternoon and assembled by Wed evening and riding by Thursday? Especially with all that humidity and a stress test thrown in there somewhere. :lol: And you say your not a professional, I must be a real amateur. :lol: :mrgreen:

julesjunk said:
...... Can I ask, what tubing bender did you get?.....

I bought a cheap $149.00 Harbor freight tubing roller and then got some 1 1/2'' 16 ga tubing.......

I didn't realize Harbor Freight carried something like that. I'll check it out. Thanks.

Regards,
Jules

TommyTwoTime said:
Wow Impressive, What kinda paint did you use that alows you to be in primer on Tues. and painted by wed afternoon and assembled by Wed evening and riding by Thursday? Especially with all that humidity and a stress test thrown in there somewhere. :lol: And you say your not a professional, I must be a real amateur. :lol: :mrgreen:

If they didn't give me the name Uncle Stretch before I got here , I think I would have picked Quick Carl :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have stuck a bike together while it was drying. I figure it can cure while I work on it. I have gotten pretty good at not scratching up any new paint. The slowest part for me is sanding bondo. I try to find new ways to do that faster. Small sanding wheels on a dremil ...round files ...die grinder...anything that makes it quicker.

Stretch,
Sorry to further trouble you with bender questions, but I went to my local Harbor Freight, and the only bender in that price range was $179, and it had four sets of dies, ranging from an 1" to 2". Is that the one you purchased?

Also, my apologies for the brainfart regarding an "english" wheel. A french wheel is a cross between an english wheel and my wife's French coffee press, which she was complaining about while I was typing my first inquiry to you :? It makes really good flat/slightly concaved cups of coffee, however, it's a litle messy :)

Thanks for you time.
Regards,
Jules

Jules this is the one I bought. $149 on sale . It has 3 sets of dies 1'' 1 1/2'' and 2'' I think

bender002.jpg

Latest posts

Back