The Heavy Hillclimber

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you've really pulled off the look you were going for. I think the chrome fender looks just fine, I would maybe just sand and polish up the front springer struts to have a balance of shiny metal front and back.

I think it's missing something though, I feel like it needs a number plate under the saddle, under the tank, in front of the rear wheel...

Justin's right, you really pulled off the look you were shooting for. I like the chrome fender.

I saw this on my cell phone at the airport and thought it looked cool, but now that I am seeing it on my monitor it looks incredible!!!! WOW!

Thats a ...... bike. I dig that style alot. Now i wanna make myself a rusty awesome bike like this. Great build!

I pictured something like this, though none of the hill climbers you posted had numbers:

43hill.jpg

Thanks for all the compliments! I've been going back and forth on whether to add some vintage racing stickers somewhere, maybe on the rear fender. I just don't want the bike to look cluttered... :?

So the paint can lid gave me the idea of putting a disk on the rear wheel to make it look like the big sprocket that the hillclimbers all have... I made it out of some sheet metal.

I've also gotten around to painting the fender but I still have a little more to do to match the patina just right. Here's what I've got so far:

PERFECT!! NEXT ROUNDS ON ME. NOW.... PEACE

I like this build. Here at the HD museum they have a section of heavy hill climbers and the large rear sprockets have more holes drilled on them to shave weight. I think adding some tooth to the sprocket will give you the appearance you looking for. The handle bars were also trussed

Latest posts

Back