THE ILLMATIC(NOW WITH NEW &IMPROVED PICS!!!!!)10/29

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Jim and beeen lurkin for awhile. I got this bike from a neighbor and decided to modify it.
14l7k2w.jpg

Stage 1
k527wg.jpg

Springer fork, flipped the bars, cut 1 5/8" off the seat tube , new pedals

Then I decided that it needed some sort of # plate since it was starting to look like a old school racer.
So, I found this sign hanging on the fence in my back yard.
rvalfs.jpg

After a little manipulation
14347zd.jpg

The sign is aluminum so I couldnt weld it, so I used self-tapping screws to attach it.
nwa93q.jpg

And finally, It was lookin a little boxxy, so I ground a little arc on the back and also grond off the screw heads so now they look like rivets up close.
Today I shall drink beer, I mean paint it, lol
apgrk9.gif

Welcome to the site. This bike is going to be wicked. I love sign idea.

Thanks guys, here it is all finished. I painted it grey primer with clearcoat over it.
I also changed the crappy wally world cranks for some old skool bmx cro-mo cranks that are an inch longer.
I have no money whatsoever in this bike, just blood, sweat and tears.Well, not really blood.... lol
invdau.jpg

Thanks guys, this is the first one that I have done, good thing winter is coming :p

You know, the original chain guard would probably look HOT if you painted it the same scheme that you used on the bike. Perhaps a red, white, and black (just like wheel/tire combo) scheme on the circular part of the chain guard and the rest primer.... Here's a very poorly done MS Paint version of what i was trying to explain.... :)
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image. ... 0e6407.jpg
5fce0e6407.jpg

Manny Moons said:
You know, the original chain guard would probably look HOT if you painted it the same scheme that you used on the bike. Perhaps a red, white, and black (just like wheel/tire combo) scheme on the circular part of the chain guard and the rest primer.... Here's a very poorly done MS Paint version of what i was trying to explain.... :)
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image. ... 0e6407.jpg
5fce0e6407.jpg
Yeah, I was thinkin the same thing but when I changed the cranks/chainwheel, I went from a 41t to a 44 t sprocket and it doesnt fit around it anymore.

Latest posts

Back