THE ILLMATIC(NOW WITH NEW &IMPROVED PICS!!!!!)10/29

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one is a little better :) .... go back to 41t :) :) Great job on your first build!

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image. ... 30a53d.jpg
27c430a53d.jpg

Man, that does look pretty good......
Off to the garage I go............... :wink:

I hope that I dont get banned for this, but I think that I threw the c.g. out :oops:

JIMBO420 said:
I hope that I dont get banned for this, but I think that I threw the c.g. out :oops:

naw not banned just got to ship the of age rats on here a can of PBR lol :mrgreen:

I could never see the potential is those frames till now, turned out great, even without the chainguard.

Jimbo,

I have that chainguard and live in NY. If you want it, just PM me your address. I will be back home tomorrow.

Scott

62Higgins said:
Jimbo,

I have that chainguard and live in NY. If you want it, just PM me your address. I will be back home tomorrow.

Scott
Thanks for the offer, Scott but I think I'm gonna just leave the chain exposed, it gives it that CHOPPERS INC. "oh crap my pants are gonna get shredded" look. The guard kinda gives it a more "refined" look.

The bigger chainwheel makes this thing haul butt also.

OK. I guess I'll have to use your build as inspiration to actually do something with the freame we have here.

Cool build.

Okay, Today I rode it into the ghetto(about 7 miles r.t.) and while it would be set up for board track racing perfectly, not so good for cruisin.
Even though the homies were digging it.

So after an illustrious career as the most winningest board racer ever, it's now retired and used as a cruiser.
2igki28.jpg
[/img]

I changed the stem to an old school dyno chrome stem, a pair of cheapy dk bmx bars and I also cleaned up a pair of old SKYWAY screw on bmx peg's for the front wheel so's I can stretch out my legs.
I might cut out the crossbar on the handle bars but I'm still undecided.

I still have no money into this, but I might break down and buy a headlight and if I get really crazy, I might just spring for a rear fender!!!!
2hn55a9.jpg
[/img]

^^^^ I wish I had some wider bmx bars that arent worth $$$$$$$ to cut, but I dont. I definatly will get some ape's eventually.
But for now, heres what I did............

I cut out the crossbar, and ground down the old welds and threw a couple heavy duty machine screws in the hole that was left.
jsm7o7.jpg
[/img]

Then I cut off the bolt heads, and filled the low spots with bondo
2ly3fco.jpg
[/img]

Now I'm waiting for the bondo to dry and sand it down.

(420 time) :shock:

Well, after 3 diffrent types of bars, I decided on the original.I also didnt think the colors fit the look of the bike so I saw a ratrod in a mag. that had this color scheme and I had the paint so, HERE IT IS!!
242gxp5.jpg
[/img]
I also took the spring out of the springer front endto give it more raka and slammit a little more.
I also switched from a 44t sprocket to a 39t, so its easier to pedal

Latest posts

Back