The Jiggy Higgy

Feb 13, 2008
Cherry Hill, NJ
"...I'm really liking the looks of this build, man. I really dig the simplicity of your front end. And I bet it rides amazingly...
And by simplicity I mean looks... I'm sure the time involved in creating it is contrary to the looks. It's straightforward, but the deltails bring it all together in its amazingness..."

Your very kind. It's hard to believe something coddled together like this actually feels like it was all meant to be together.

I'm just happy to get it done!

Spin

Feb 13, 2008
Cherry Hill, NJ
I had my test pilot Louie, who's a biscuit under 240 to test drive the Higgy. He didn't break anything so i figure it meets minimum safety standards. :shock:

Time to break 'er down and sand....

Spin

Feb 13, 2008
Cherry Hill, NJ
"...did you warn him about that seat post?..."

Nah. He likes that kind of thing. :shock: Only kidding. He'd kick my butt for suggesting such a thing.

Spin

Feb 13, 2008
Cherry Hill, NJ
Got this leather bolo braided cord from "Leather Cord USA" on the 'net. Comes in spools (mine is 10 meters) and differnt widths (mine is 4 milli) and colors (mine is antique brown).

I'm gonna drill a hole underneath the bars where your thumbs would rest, then thread the cord thru and out the end of the bars. Secure the cord, then begin to tightly wrap the cord around til i reach the end, where another hole will be, to thread the cord thru. Then I'll tie the 2 ends together.

It feels real good on the hands.

Spin

Feb 13, 2008
Cherry Hill, NJ
Got the frame pretty much stripped to bare metal (thank you Mr. Porter Cable sander and Mrs. 100 grit paper).

Have to hang the parts in the shed and start painting.

Spin

Sep 27, 2007
sac. valley
www.facebook.com
Gold Street Customs said:
spinman said:
I had my test pilot Louie, who's a biscuit under 240 to test drive the Higgy. He didn't break anything so i figure it meets minimum safety standards. :shock:

Time to break 'er down and sand....

Spin

I want a test pilot named Louie, :mrgreen:
i want the helper thats just upper left of that bottle :shock: now you do know that if that seat post drops that itll not only burn you on the tire but impale your guys also :shock: youre a braver man than me!(btw dont let louie see this post :lol: )

Feb 13, 2008
Cherry Hill, NJ
Well, the paint went on better than I'd hoped. This stuff really lays on well and covers in one coat. I didn't even have time to prime first.

If you want the real mil-spec colors, check out Gillespie Coatings.

Spin

Aug 28, 2008
THIS BIKE IS AWESOME! TOTALLY HOT AND WILD.LOVE THE RED AND GREEN COLORS! IT WAS PUT TOGETHER SO WELL! LOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 22, 2008
I like it, it's simple but very cool. definitely going to have to build a fork similar to yours for my Motorized project!
Scott 8)

Feb 13, 2008
Cherry Hill, NJ
"...AWESOME MAN! you know how i love a leaf spring springer..."

Yeah, I'm still having drill bit nightmares 'cause of that .... spring!! :shock:

Seriously though, your original design really inspired me.

Spin

The Bike Wall BOXKARS Clyde James Cycles