The Jua Kali

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Down to the wire for the finish. Speaking of finish has any one been paying attention to any of my builds? You may

notice I don't paint most of them and if I do it's a year later. It has been on the road for over a month and while

everyone was throwing the shine on and tiny wavey lines or rusting their bike I let the Jua Kali pick out it's own

patina. I had the time but to me it was finished and letting the theme of this bike to hold true to itself.

This bike is named after the poor working class people living in the slums of Kenya. They work in the hot sun (jua kali

in their language) to work their trades with minimum of tools and make most of the tools they work with, like my

welder. For their hard work and little money they get for it will hopefully entitle them for a loan from their

goverment so they can buy into better housing and a better life.

With this to work with I have succeeded to build a highly useful bike with out spending a dime. The beauty of this rig

is that what I made will bolt on to most any bike through the axle bolt and the right kind of kick stand mount.

Everything that is needed is attached to this device. The build itself can be found here

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=26212 .

The bike started out as a German made ladies Hercules about 70's circa.
HerculesLady-02.jpg

I originally thought of it as a cargo bike but it turned out to make a crazy taxi like its mentors in Kenya.
Jua_Kali-01.jpg

Also you could use it as a work truck and haul your stuff to work.
Jua_Kali-02.jpg

Jua_Kali-03.jpg

I'm thinking of putting it on the Pug's Hammer Head Trike but he's a little picky about his bike. He'll give in I'm

sure. Until then............

Jua_Kali-04.jpg

Graylock

I said I'd like to see Gerry's and Hooch's bikes together, you can add yours to the list. Great job, Great bike (as usual).

Long............you have to ride it like you would drive a limo. Mostly it's like riding a tandem solo. When you strap a load on low you don't feel it except for the weight. My daughter and I thought it would make a great platform for taking videos on the move. One could sit facing backwards. We would like to try that with the swing bikes but we are the ones that ride the swing bikes. Quess we'll have to train a few monkeys for this :lol:

GL

aka_locojoe said:
That's cool. I'd like to see a video of it riding with passenger(s).

Me too. Do you want men with hairy backs or bikini clad girls.....................with hairy backs? I can go up to P-Town and find some cross dressers and trans! :shock: Yikes! :lol: I got to start planning.

Or I can find some boring everyday people.............yeah, I'll do that.
:roll:

GL :wink:

Latest posts

Back