the KIWI KRATE.......NEW PIX added 7 OCT....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol this is the last place i thought id get strife about the rugby....

im not really all that into rugby...infact alot of my mates dont like rugby at all!

yes its true....not everyone in new zealand is a rugby head!!!! lol

i did watch the game and i was pissed we didnt win but i can honestly say that i would rather the all blacks loose to the frence than any other team in the world.

brett

eheheh yeah I know talking rugby might be a bit outta place in here lol
anyway, the AllBlacks are so good we tend to think each and every kiwi is supporting them !
But you're right, that's not the place to have that discussion, so back to the real thing : you're build's really looking cool. And I particularly dig the faux-fur seat !
Great job !

And just so that you don't feel alone : american bikes are a pain in the *** to find in here too... Hopefully there are some old european bikes that have decent looks... but nothing in a cruiser or even lowrider style... got to pay freaky high shipping rates and buy on ebay, or look towards newer stuff (electra, felt and so on) that's way too expansive anyway

:cry:

Yeah, I was just having a go mate, I'm not so much into rugby...wrong part of the country for that code of footy...

thanks on the comments on the bike....
Yeah i dont think ive ever seen a old american cruiser in nz....not even for sale....and now raleigh choppers and the like are getting stupidly expensive as well...Infact bikes are expensive full stop in new zealand.
i think the wcc and occ bikes are still over a grand each...and thats if u can find them!!!

buy its all good...im buying a mig weilder soon....then i can get some seriously cool stuff happening :)

brett

Nope American cruisers are a rarity in NZ, and all bikes are expensive. MTBs are expensive, BMXs are expensive (especially the old restored ones), the old Raleigh 20s are getting expensive, and as far as I know road bikes are pricey as well. Thats why I get my bikes out of the rubbish!

But the rugby was an absolute joke... the All Blacks weren't tough enough, no offence to any French but we should have blown them off the field!! But France is a tough side now and we just weren't good enough.

But this bikes looking god so far! Are you going to paint it?

kingpin said:
i think the wcc and occ bikes are still over a grand each...

brett
Really? Is that just because of the occ/wcc name, or is that the price of all new bikes?

na not gonna paint it...
i love the brown met paint with the white sticker...
i just hope it will polish up nice with some elbow grease!

oh and the ref was absolute ... in that game as well...

my 3 g chopper is about 1500 new here!!!!
we pay over 350 to 500 bux for a average bmx here (ie: a 1 peice crank street basher)....bikes are expensive....theres no way we could afford to buy doner bikes like u guys can....
for example the basic dyno cruiser (i think thats what they are called...bc with trip tree forks) was $1800 bux here!!!! hom much can u guys pick them up for?

its all good tho...just more of a challenge

brett

kingpin said:
my 3 g chopper is about 1500 new here!!!!
we pay over 350 to 500 bux for a average bmx here (ie: a 1 peice crank street basher)....bikes are expensive....theres no way we could afford to buy doner bikes like u guys can....

its all good tho...just more of a challenge

brett
Wow, thats amazing.
You guys are still puttin out some sweeeeet rides.

I have no idea how much a dyno cruiser is. I suffer from that italian disease called "DAFUNDSALOW".LOL.
If I look at new bike prices, I just get mad.

I mostly ask every person I meet if they have any old bikes that they want to throw out?

Just looked on trademe (NZ version of eBay) and you can get a 16" wcc copy for $500, which is about $400US.

To get a half decent second hand freestyle BMX (06 GT, Haro, etc.) you have to spend at least $400.

To buy a second hand downhill/freeride/dirt jump mtb that won't break on the first jump you take it off, you have to spend over $1000

I'm not complaining, but I'd have to say you guys are lucky in terms on bike prices over there

However we do have some cool old bikes that you guys may never see, so I guess we're even :wink:

yeah we have goat loads of cool old raleigh commuter bikes and the like....
i am gonna build me a sweet fixy soon....well sooish...gotta get some storage for my current bikes first

brett

Latest posts

Back