The Kraken

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Alright! I got started earlier today and got a lot done.

'41 or '42 Huffman built Western Flyer blown apart to just the frame.

IMG_0180 by LowpowerD, on Flickr

Seat parts have been hit with white vinegar and brass brush, almost ready to paint!

IMG_0181 by LowpowerD, on Flickr

The crank, chain ring, and head badge are looking good. The kick stand needs some work yet.
flickr.com/photos/61634364@N04/7135014963/]
7135014963_1fc6cb2d68.jpg
[/url]
IMG_0182 by LowpowerD, on Flickr

Some goodies from the Midwest Bike Swap. Headset, bottom bracket, Torrington pedals, and handlebar struts!

IMG_0183 by LowpowerD, on Flickr

aka_locojoe said:
Don't know what a Kraken is but you got some cool parts to start with. That sprocket looks huge.

Quick! Someone rush this man a copy of all the Pirates of the Carribean movies!

Thanks for all the good comments guys. Most of the parts are original to the bike. Handlebars, crank, chainring, and seat. The bearings, cups and spokes are wasted. The original rims and front hub might be used. If so, I'll swap out the ND rear for a Musselman. The tires were glued to the rims, they're a mess. I have an alternate wheel set that I'm working on, also with a Musselman.

aka_locojoe said:
Don't know what a Kraken is but you got some cool parts to start with. That sprocket looks huge.
Long story short, the Kraken is a mythological sea monster. And has nothing to do with the built. I just thought it sounded cool.
Build theme is a kind or late 40's hot rod vibe.

Great Start Dave! Lookin good so far. Now get to KRAKEN! :mrgreen: I will be watchin this one....

Ok, I worked on the alternate wheel set and it just ain't happening, need parts to make it work right. I'm trying real hard to build my bike out of parts I already have. Instead of plan B I'll have to shoot for plan A. Anyway, I did get the bars together:

IMG_0190 by LowpowerD, on Flickr

Earlier when I said this build has nothing to do with the mythological creature, that was kind of a half truth. The story should have gone like this:
I wasn't going to join the build off this year. I already have enough projects going. But while listening to one of my favorite bands, Clutch ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSSW3ANl ... re=related ), I had a vision. And to the bone pile I went...

Latest posts

Back