The Kraken

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That hubby of mine sure puts me on the spot, doesn't he? I never say no to a new bicycle to the hoarding piles. I honestly don't complain about hoarding, I just like to have a walking path.. I hoard yarn... Softer fall...

There are no words for how much love I have for my wife. Her tolerence for my bike addiction is very high.
Her incuragement on this build is above and beyond. She won't let me quit. The threads on the Colson fork a totally dorked. I was so frustrated, I was going to throw in the towel. She cracked the whip, and said I couldn't give up. So I went over to the pile o'forks and pulled one out that I'm hoping will work.

LittleBlueTrike said:
That hubby of mine sure puts me on the spot, doesn't he? I never say no to a new bicycle to the hoarding piles. I honestly don't complain about hoarding, I just like to have a walking path.. I hoard yarn... Softer fall...

Last time I was over @ your house, I'm sure I saw quite a few women's bikes in there also!!! :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

LittleBlueTrike said:
6 of them are mine the rest are to pick parts off of. <<>> He does all the building.. I'm just the trophy wife. With a sexy dog!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, it's official.
I'm done.
I just slipped a wrench and put a big chip in the paint on my frame. The frame I've painted like 5 times already. The bad mojo is just too much for me right now. I don't want any negative vibes following this bike around when it's done.
This is not a retreat, it's a tactical withdrawal.
Miyamoto Musashi said, "If you want to be a great swordsman, learn how to play guitar".
It's time for me to step back, do something else for a couple of weeks and come back to it.
BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT'S BEEN FOLLOWING MY BUILD!

IMG_0362 by LowpowerD, on Flickr

He plans to finish it. He just needs to take a break before he throws it in the dumpster out of frustration. It might be a couple more weeks before he gets back to it. He's got some other projects he wants to worth further on to give the bike building a break.

Meanwhile......
600476_4187277766619_281727882_n.jpg
The KRACKEN DOG!!

Sorry to hear of the bad mojo. This is the first build off that my bike hasn't been plagued with problems and I was able to complete to my own high standards. Take a break and come back to it later. I am looking forward to seeing it done. If it keeps fighting you do like I did and teach it who is in charge. Kill the juju, kill it with fire.
2010-09-04003314.jpg

See ya tomorrow?

Awesome! Now time to think up your BO8 build.
I love the "release the Kraken" video.

Latest posts

Back