The Longboard (First Build!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
DSC_0650.jpg

Here is my build, as complete as it's gonna get by the cutoff time. She's a vintage 2011 Huffy Cranbrook. lol. I call her The Longboard. See the build thread here.

I had a blast doing this, and I hope you all enjoy seeing her.

The Longboard
DSC_0652.jpg

DSC_0641.jpg

Check out those wood inserts where the reflectors go in the pedals. Bam!
DSC_0645.jpg

Take a close look. Those are wood spacers. Thanks a million, JimK for the brilliant idea!
DSC_0655.jpg

And some beauty shots of the rear rack, which was ultimately the beginning concept of this bike.

DSC_0657.jpg

DSC_0659.jpg

That turned out very nice!Great job on your first build!Cant wait to see what you come up with for number 2 :mrgreen:

Great woodworking (novice :?: :!: ) Great build (first :?: :!: ) I like the way the surfboard rack adds visual length to the stubby Cranbrook frame. Love your spacer solution. I had the same problem with my springer on an identical bike. I give your Cranny an A+++ :D

nicest looking Cranbrook I've ever seen! Great woodwork, especially the chain guard.

You've got a winner!

You guys are awesome. Thanks for all the positive comments.

As I mentioned in the OP, this is as finished as it's gonna get for the Build Off, but this bike isn't complete just yet.

Fireproof has offered up his talents for some laser etching into the deck, my cream Fat Franks are on their way, I want to get some basket panniers on this hoss, and some stubby fenders to protect that woodwork from rocks and other flying things. Keep up with the build thread for updates.

NICE!..Great work!

YA FIRST BUILD!! GET OUTTA HERE! GREAT JOB BUDDY!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YA DO ANOTHER. THIS BIKE IS BADD!! PEACE

Latest posts

Back