THE MEAT WAGON

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
Been some time since I posted here but myself and Halflink have been working on a little something for our group rides. It's our tailgater BBQ trailer and it NEEDS A NAME. I'll open up another thread to get some help on that issue. Anyway, heres what we used:
Stainless Steel Keg (free- given to me)
1950's ice chest with Hires Rootbeer logo embossed on it ($40)
Trailer frame from old child carrier (free- given to me)
Misc. parts to make it happen ($80)

I owe a huge thanks to Half Link for making this thing happen. He did all the welding and spent many hours buffing out the keg (he loves to look at himself). There is more to come but I could not wait to get this thing on RRB for you to view. Upcoming additions are beer tap handled utensils, a rack for them, cutting board and some sort of shade apparatus. Stay tuned.

Leg Burner
CopyofP2240110.jpg

CopyofP2240104.jpg

CopyofP3250182.jpg

IMG00006-20090428-1603.jpg

IMG00013-20090501-1620.jpg

IMG00015-20090502-1116.jpg

IMG00021-20090502-1610.jpg

IMG00029-20090502-1618.jpg

P5020945.jpg

Re: Tailgater BBQ trailer

That is so COOL!, I like the keg bbq, great idea,I love it, I have a alum keg for a trunk on my trike to finish,
0521071138_01.jpg

right on !!!! that rocks who polished the keg? good idea do you cook rolling or just stopped.
get set up pre ride throw some ribs on let them smoke stop add seasoning (drink a beer) flip roll some more
arrive at a preplanned park. have some chow drink some beer :D

Would the name Silver Bullet fit? That's a very nice job you did on it.

That's ingenious! Nice work! :D Truly beautiful.. I am really digging the bike too. Is it an Electra? I think so but I don't know newer bikes well at all... I would love to hear more about that. I'm assuming the checker board details are all custom?

The bike frame is Electra as well as the tire and rims, seat. Everything else is a mix match of stuff. The checkerboard is a decal from a hobby store.

That is really cool! Id be keen for one of those but i need to ride more and eat less, maybe you ride in front of me for motavation :lol:

Thanks for all the great replies. I like the name "Silver Bullet" because it's a Coors keg. I also was thinking about "The Leg Burner" do to its ability to do just that. I would love to build these things and sell them but I got so much of it free and gathering all the parts for this thing would cost big bucks. Who knows, maybe someday. Anyway, I will be shootin better photos of it when the sun is out so stay tuned.

we are not worthy! we are not worthy! we suck!

Ha, ha, "The Leg Burner". That's good, but I would imagine as highly polished as it is that baby would "Scorch" anything in it's way. Have you ever noticed how you get a worse burn on a chrome exhaust than a painted one. Hmmm.

Latest posts

Back