~The Medellin~

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After being a lurker here for several years, I thought now is the time to get involved in a Build Off #8.
Introducing... "The Medellin."
I chose the name, "The Medellin," simply because the frame is a Columbia. And there is no more synonymous or infamous term surrounding Columbia (the country) than Pablo Escobar's notorious Medellin Cartel. With no further ado, here starts the birth of "The Medellin."
8802778289_768c3bcba8.jpg

8813363320_1f1587c979.jpg

Begining the stripping process-
im using a nasty little product call Aircraft Remover.
8802781011_7ebc04ed9c.jpg

8813364302_fc7eea6851.jpg

Welcome to RRB and the build off.
Nice first post, complete with drug cartel and strippers.

Welcome to the madness of a BUILD OFF! What a shame to remove that nice original paint... you must have something much better in mind. Great start!.. lots of Columbia frames this year.

CeeBee said:
Please tell us that is a reproduction...... :shock:

Yes, it is indeed a repo. I'd have to be more nuts than I already am to mess with an OG.

I disassembled the fork this week and had it on the garage floor while i stripped the frame. when I went out to my car a couple days ago, only to notice that I had parked on it!!! I backed the car up and found that it was bent up pretty good :(

Untitled by steelspoke, on Flickr

So I clamped it down, put a flame to it and bullied back into shape.

Here are some parts that may make the cut:
Found this old school exercise bike seat in the neighbor's trash. Probably going to cut it up and reshape it to make the saddle.

Found these bars a couple years ago in Aruba at a Radio Shack, yes Radio Shack.

Just remember; under the current RRB anti-doping statutes, you aren't allowed to use Colombian marching powder during the building process. :lol:

BTW, cool seat.

loudboys said:
Just remember; under the current RRB anti-doping statutes, you aren't allowed to use Colombian marching powder during the building process. :lol:

BTW, cool seat.

No Colombian marching powder? I guess I'll stick with Michigan stumbling sauce

Latest posts

Back