The Mini Pink Safari

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, this is my first vintage build which is for my 4yr old daughter. I have no idea what it is but the guy I got it from said it might be a Monarch Rocket but i kind of doubt it. I found a similar bike which was a Murray, so I'm thinking more in the lines of that. My daughter loves pink and zebra print so that led the theme of the bike. Anyhow enjoy the picts and the progression this thing is making.

183fdf41.jpg

d5d86354.jpg

96ea33ea.jpg

b37c502e.jpg

b58d9398.jpg

After having all parts sandblasted it made for easy painting.

cec1945c.jpg

c5d6d507.jpg

1e0356b1.jpg

I cut off the non threaded stem and had a treaded one welded on so I'm able to use a more modern style stem and handle bar.
891a8418.jpg

This is going to be cool. Love how you welded the threaded section on to the fork... definitely turning this into a real bike, and something that's worthy of being passed on to another generation.

Rad bike man. Nice color! :mrgreen:

i know this doesnt help much but the forks look like the murray made ones for kids bikes/trikes
anyhow....i know shes gonna love it and theres no better feeling than building a bike for your child

Thanks everyone for your most kind thoughts. Thanks to Halflink for the weld job on the fork. I absolutely hate waiting for paint to dry. :cry:

Lets see them rims...Peel that tape off... :D

Heres the latest. Still working on the fenders and chainguard. The chaingaurd needs some slight mods due to the size of the sproket. Pulled the handlebars and stem off my sons stock electra 20" rat rod and put them on this. I like the look so far so I'm going to paint them today. My sons 20" now has ape hangers which looks so cool.

62338351.jpg

ee0667c0.jpg

This is the start as to why the name includes "Safari". I masked these off this morning and will be painting the open areas black like a zebra. Get where I'm going with this? These are just the beginning.

20eaaf50.jpg

c8236560.jpg

f1f4690e.jpg

98764e34.jpg

I will quote a very good friend of mine by saying, "NO ANIMALS OF ANY KIND WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS BIKE" :mrgreen:

can't wait to see the finished build. thats gonna be one sweet little ride. even if it is pink. :lol:

Now all the fenders need is 4 or 5 coats of clear and.... presto! Waiting on parts to finish this little thing off.

a023cf1f.jpg

3f636d68.jpg

Just in....... PETA Approves!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looking pretty sweet bro! I can see here in the future you are going to have one very happy little girl! Can't wait to see what's next!

legburner said:
I will quote a very good friend of mine by saying, "NO ANIMALS OF ANY KIND WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS BIKE" :mrgreen:
No, but considerable amounts of painters tape were! Look at all that tape torn to shreds! :shock:

lol, looks awesome! She's gonna love it.

Latest posts

Back