The Mongoose Beast/Dolomite in Australia!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well, it finally arrived!

I knew we would not get the standard Beast as it is illegal to sell a factory bike without front brakes in Australia, but I was not sure we would get the full geared/disc brake Dolo straight away either...

Turns out I was right!

Meet the Hyper (Pacific Brands) Mammoth:

15252328344_b1352a2684_z.jpg

It appears to be a Beast frame with the disc brake front from a Dolomite...

Not sure if they have been paying attention to the reviews the Beast got when it came out but it does come with an extraordinarily long seat post, shown here at the minimum insertion mark:

15873937612_f55e5e4ddf_z.jpg

36/20 ratio:

15688817037_272aaa31d9_z.jpg

Front disc:

15688816907_fc744e3873_z.jpg

So, members in Australia are now asking: "Where can I get one?" and "How much?"

Head in to your local BigW and fork over $298...

I have to say, now that I have actually seen one, I never realised just how big they are, I have seen and ridden others with 26x4's on 80mm rims, but this thing is bigger...

Luke.

I see they have a better ratio now for a one speed. My Beast came with 36/18, good for a short street ride but too high for any distance or off road. I finally lowered the front to 34 using an old set of chain wheels and it was just about right. The 36/20 should be a little better.

oi6bfn.jpg

Phase 1 of my "Mammoth" Boa-g's apes and a Banana seat. Also have swapped cranks (it came with 165mm 36t) 175mm 30ish now (haven't counted the sprocket :p )
What size Boa-G's did you put on Kel and did you source them locally? Have sourced some from overseas but the shipping costs are absolutely crazy..... Bought one of these that I am going to cut-up once my welding skills are upto scratch.
progear-albert-26inch-fat-bike-orange-crush-17inch-F13-Progear1.jpg

26x4 rims, 8spd, Disc F & R, was the cheapest way to get all of the hardware that I wanted in one go!!

I got a Dolomite when Target and WalMart were having a price war, $200!
I believe Kelvin got his Mammoth for $198 AUD when they went on clearance...

$198 AUD = $0.25 US at the current exchange rate... :21:

$198 would really be about $140 US at the moment.

Luke.

So, have you bought one yet Luke?
I missed out, they are no longer available... Supposedly you can order them or similar, but too busy with other builds at the moment to even think what I would do with one, my plan was to do what we ended up doing to Kel's one in the thread he mentioned, so, already scratched that itch, would have to come up with something else!

Luke.

Latest posts

Back