The Necromonger (Getting Tanked and Inked!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I guess I am in. I was talking to my wife about entering the build off and explaining my cash flow woes and lack of a theme in mind. She suggested that whether I had an unlimited budget or used only parts in the garage, either way I was sure to make the world's most unsafe bicycle.

That said I am building a bike for as little as possible and making it at the very least "appear to be entirely unsafe". I will call it the Necromonger. Also, I am a terrible welder and I will be starting with a Huffy mountain bike.

Re: The Necromonger

I see why you have cash flo problems. Those new fences are pricy. You got a bike and
the idea will come to you. Good luck!

If you are going to weld badly on something, it might as well be a Huffy MTB. :p
Good luck buddy!

There shall be no tears shed for that thing, hack away!

The first incision......

Still not 100% sure of my design but it is starting to feel dangerous.

Dont worry my welding is just as bad,never been showin how,but I love to do it...My bike will probably bounce and crack... :eek: This entry is exactly what I do, I find old mtb n kids bmx(as that is all that is here)... And chop away... I use the headtubes,cranksets,rear dropouts, etc, to build cruisers choppers etc,also i use plumbing pipes and any metal i find for the frames... :?
Will watch this build :wink: Good luck

irzouts said:
I love to see mountain bikes cutted.
Yes, chopppy chop cut! Then old road bikes, the nice ones with lugs.....

It is raining here today so I am going to start removing paint and cutting pipe.

I got it about 80% cleaned up. Moving right along.

Here is where I am at with the frame. Had a nice day and nobody around today so I was able to get a lot done, for me.
I decided to take advantage of the "Wishbone" rear end. Probably be wishing I had a downtube once I have riden it.

You could probably still fit a curved one in if you think so? Interesting frame, never the less. 8)

Throw a curved downtube in there that follows a wheel and see what that looks like

I never really tell anybody how to do their builds, but if you added a short tube
from the seat post down to the tube you added, it would look really cool and add
a gusset effect. Great design so far.

Uncle Stretch said:
I never really tell anybody how to do their builds, but if you added a short tube
from the seat post down to the tube you added, it would look really cool and add
a gusset effect. Great design so far.

I welcome any and all input. Funny because I considered calling the bike Hubris but then I worried I wouldn't get any imput from anyone.

My plan is still not entirely certain but last night I drew up a sketch. Before you judge, it was late and I had had a few libations.

Im thinking about running a 20" or smaller wheel up front and running the stem out from under. Also planning on a wooden tank that will be cut away so the laid back post can move up and down.

Lots to still be decided like: What size rear wheel? Color combo? Gearing? Fixie????????

I really like what you did with the frame. I also like the plans for the lowered bars and small front wheel.
It will be interesting to see how that works out.

Latest posts

Back