The "Over & Under" award

Sep 14, 2013
Bradley Illinoiz
www.instagram.com
I wasn't sure what to call it, but I'm sending a trophy to the bike that deserved more votes than it got. We all have seen the bike before, the one we know the guy knocked himself out building but gets overlooked by the voting masses. After discussion in the "prize pool" and at OddJob's suggestion, I'm calling it the "Over & Under" award. It's going to be a RAT styled trophy, combining bicycle and trophy bits with a touch of patina thrown in for good measure.

Carl.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2014
Las Vegas Area
The WINNER of the first Over & Under award is...

DESERT BEER RAT
by metalchewy

The award is a work in progress but will be completed soon. Check out the Desert Beer Rat build thread and see why this bike deserved a lot more votes than it got.
It's a winner here. Congrats @metalchewy !!!

Carl.
Wow, I am honored.

Thank You Carl for this cool award!

It was a fun build to do with a few challenges. With so many skilled builders in the build off I was happy to just participate, get some advice and have fun building something I thought would be cool for me. I was happy to get the new bike to get my beer with, and am floored to get an award!

Thanks Brother!
Much appreciated!

--Tom

Mar 5, 2014
Utah
4-votes I cast. One was for Met-Chew's blue demon beer runner, and one other for the restored BA Hawthorne(+finisher #1 & #4)
I also was a bit surprised both did not do better, but this is the way the voting goes.
Enjoyed watching the builds. Way to go Met-chew! Love your blue ride. Rat-a-tat-tat to all participants..
skpc

Jul 1, 2014
Las Vegas Area
Perfect! Congrats MC. Well deserved.
Congratulations! Well deserved.
Great choice!
Congrats!
Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

4-votes I cast. One was for Met-Chew's blue demon beer runner, and one other for the restored BA Hawthorne(+finisher #1 & #4)
I also was a bit surprised both did not do better, but this is the way the voting goes.
Enjoyed watching the builds. Way to go Met-chew! Love your blue ride. Rat-a-tat-tat to all participants..
skpc
Thanks silverkingpc, Each year I get a few more votes. Glad to hear I had your vote and a few others ;-) Thank you!

Trophy time...

Oh it lights up! In true rat fashion I stole the headlight off of Harlequin T.

Carl.
That trophy looks Great! Awesome work on it! That light is sweet!

Building..... Riding.....

The Bike Wall BOXKARS Clyde James Cycles