The Pedal Car, Wagon & Wheel Barrow Build Off

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly!:thumbsup::thumbsup: Someone's gonna get bloodied on that thing so may as well use Red to hide any splatter...:rolleyes:
In use you might use an old rubber bicycle tire with a lateral cut over the blade for protection. Practice safe wood gathering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I picked up a wheel barrow today. I think it might solve a concern I've had for the engine simulation. My bike builds have all had doodads, Wagonator won't be left out.
792d3874494033c75ebee95e484b16a7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got my 'crest' mounted on the Char-iot of Fire-wood....
Haha! Chariot of Firewood. That's a good one.:rofl:
Now, what about those two mounting holes on the angle iron spanning the front?
That's the sockets for the two poles that the horse is lashed to...;)

Carl.

Yo @OddJob did you 3ver mention what that tub of yours , your using for Chariots of fire-wood was originally used for in it's previous life ?

@MazdaFlyer , yes the 'cut' does add some character; I'm all about character! Anxious to see where your engine idea is headed.

@A.S.BOLTNUT , the former life of the Chariot is kind of an oxymoron. It's former life was as a household oil tank. We had one growing up on the farm. Happened to find one in the exact same color as the Chariot just now on Google search. Now it's going back in time to carry wood to warm our campsite.

The one I have was already cut up and attached to the chassis. I should have taken a picture of the guy who had the flea market store. He's quite a character! I'm guessing he might have been the one who did the conversion.

household oil tank.jpg

As you can see on the bottom left, pipes were threaded into those two holes on the front of my Chariot and were the legs of the tank.

Engine mounts...scrap wood.
c8c8ee4abc570f169034d12f9ce361de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got to keep it cool...
397f7e2f647fca43cb2c63382a7d15bf.jpg

@OddJob, flames look much better! I give it 5...
[emoji91] [emoji91] [emoji91] [emoji91] [emoji91]

Having major trouble with the wagon.
I stopped welding for a few minutes, now all of a sudden the voltage is to low. Tiniest little adjustment, and its burning through....

@MazdaFlyer, I would suggest making the same wrong cuts and the subsequent fix to the other side so that it looks intentional. You could possibly also use some of the scrap wood to cut a similar shape to over lap the cut to make it stronger that would add some detail (probably on the inside).
070ea3703abbdcad6e3e16b721bab021.jpg

@MazdaFlyer, I would suggest making the same wrong cuts and the subsequent fix to the other side so that it looks intentional. You could possibly also use some of the scrap wood to cut a similar shape to over lap the cut to make it stronger that would add some detail (probably on the inside).
070ea3703abbdcad6e3e16b721bab021.jpg

I thought about that and someone else suggested duplicating the "oops". Think I might just scribe the "cut" on the other side. The reinforcement sounds good.

Is it just me, or does the wagon look really small?
It looks small but the overall group looks balanced.

Latest posts

Back