The Pedal Car, Wagon & Wheel Barrow Build Off

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still need to add the exhaust extensions. Added a rat rod bikes tag to rear end. Mounted the tag with #6 x 1/4" sheet metal screws.
Couldn't find amber reflectors for the front end cowling so green will due for now.
8d03df3bd24bfa54cb6814236ca79bc2.jpg
cbee533a430f5bae0fa472a53e81fdc2.jpg
ee83f61757b797c992bf9d54c6a18be6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@MazdaFlyer can we see this thing sitting on the ground by itself? I'd like to see the stance. Right now it has that "Flathead 12 Stakebed" vibe to it. I like it.

Carl.
Thanks Carl. I'm getting there, still need to cut bed rails at back end. I also have wheelie bumpers to install.
5df9baaa7a4975b11760c21f6ce2c874.jpg
841af89be65ab1cad984b4d388f0e967.jpg
Long story behind the insulators and pole mounts...later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

have not worked on the pedal car at all yet, been getting stuff done outside as we have been way above normal temps for this time of year heading up to 95 today :thumbsup: but will be cold soon enough then its garage time.
I did stop by my buddy and was going to grab a set of SB Chevy valve covers to shorten but he just took these off a motor V6 aluminum finned valve covers perfect for my oversized motor and look old skool and really will once I punch another hole in for the V8 hemi look (the one side with the oil fill will be modified so both sides will match)

Last edited:
Been dealing with personal stuff lately, but should be able to get back to hacking stuff soon.

Just got a great deal on a die cast 1/4 scale 426, should be proportionate to the truck.
96474e5c7f172dbe5dfc6188bd1cf862.jpg

Looks likes you are raising the bar! Nice acquisition...I saw that one also.
Anxious to to see the size of those.

Man, if you got in this Rat Wagon on the top of a steep hill, got in and pointed her downhill, you would really be movin!
Hahaha
Man that's a good idea, here in Lancaster we have a big soap box derby following. Maybe I'll get my oldest granddaughter involved with a rat rod soap box car.

Man, if you got in this Rat Wagon on the top of a steep hill, got in and pointed her downhill, you would really be movin!
Guess I need to think about an extended tongue assembly and a hand brake or an air bag...LiHL. Ohh to be young again.

I added the wheelie bumpers today and buttoned up a few other details. I still need to add pipe extensions.
I got it down off the "rack", one heavy critter. Then I let it get its feet dirty, smooth roller. I thought it would have a little more rake in front with 13" on back and 10" on front. Anyway a few photos are in order.
a2161bb4fb754f79e30eb615dff77b95.jpg

4fdc5665b8313b0e9105fbfec70aa4d7.jpg

f1adca18f81f642b450ea105aaadf34a.jpg

e5ff2afbb32d934e89900492cc852021.jpg

cc0af8c7fa4564c77a7f4f3c494f26a2.jpg

ae5ff729315517b3076c86ec6104b531.jpg

97b06022f4df451ff537c7abc818ef63.jpg

@MazdaFlyer , Ed you have really gone 'full bore' (there's a pun in there somewhere) on this build! I like the stance. Too much rake and your passenger might do a header on the headers. Do you have a GVW for this critter? :bigsmile:

A little Wagonator dilemma...I picked up this old Radio Flyer yesterday. Now I'm not sure which wagon I want to start with. I'm liking the patina on the RF, but the Sears pan is more structurally sound.
a0fc280e7f4594291a8f26b717c1a079.jpg
da14a6da905d274a6e2dca56aaa72ae5.jpg
It may depend on which one lets me remove wheels from axles.

The Sears wagon's flared lip is cooler and more unique. I hope you can remove its wheels.

@MazdaFlyer , Ed you have really gone 'full bore' (there's a pun in there somewhere) on this build! I like the stance. Too much rake and your passenger might do a header on the headers. Do you have a GVW for this critter? :bigsmile:

Thanks. I had a thought and vision on how to easily lower the back end and give it more of a gasser look. A couple of extra holes and an additional axle would allow for a fairly quick change of stance. The present axle is welded to the vertical support bracket, so it would stay in place. Maybe a set of torsion bars also?
It's OK as is but I'm intrigued by the what if. I know I need a real car to play with...

The Sears wagon's flared lip is cooler and more unique. I hope you can remove its wheels.
Thanks for your input! Both sets of wheels came off. I decided I liked the original weathered patina of the Radio Flyer, Ratty look won out.

We put a bit of time into it today getting the bedliner cut out of 1/8" aluminum.
Looks like a good start, boots on ground running. Keep us in the loop.

Latest posts

Back