THE PREFECT BIKE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the one that I have settled on for now...my 84 GT Timberline.

Took it out for a spin on Monday after work and it was a real blast to cruise around on.

It's light, comfortable, tough, and has that cool 80s BMX cruiser look about it.

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

Do those Skull Skate bars grow on trees down in TX? :wink:

This has become my favorite (perfect) bike as of late.

0213001538a.jpg

I was checking out the 7d model...it's about a quarter of the price of the one you first posted.

Could it be that justifiably far between in quality, looks and performance?

Hey so here is my hybrid. Its a 93-94 Rockhopper that i've moddified from a 26'' moutain bike to a 700c long hauler. The first pic is when I got it FREE of craigslist. Then one day I went to work and found a GT Nomad in the trash with this ....... wheel set. A buddy gave me a set of clincher track style brakes. got some cool bar ends for the hills and light set and $15 worth of a light set and BAMM!!! Now I got a 15 DollarLong Hauler

Before
DSCF0031.jpg
[/img]

Current set Up...Wish I had Disc brakes. Hopefully soon I will
[img
DSCF0255.jpg
][/img]

The Perfect bike for me, changes all of the time.

It used to be a Schwinn Suburban...Then it changed to a schwinn Wasp, Back to a Suburban, and now to a mountain bike.

Nothing is as fast as the suburban...I want some skinny tires, but dont think i could go off pavement with them...thats my favorite part of riding.

Looking cool is one thing, having fun is another, and comfort is another.

Got this last week to start working out on. More upright than my old Mtn Bike, but with 26" wheels, makes it very stable and easy to ride on dirt.

2011 Raleigh Venture 4.0 24spd

RaleighVenture40.jpg

Got my first "hybrid" last year an older Specialized Cross Roads. I've ridden it a couple hundred miles since on both pavement and gravel and really like it. I think if I could only have 1 bike (shudders at the thought) it would be a hybrid. The perfect bike probably wouldn't be this color but hey it was free.

IMG_3192.JPG

Ive got an 07 specialized globe with 700c wheels and an IG8 nexus hub. its a great up right cruiser but can power some hills. carbon fork as well

Latest posts

Back