'The' Purple Nurple!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut and bent my tubes, not quite pretty yet but mock up looks kinda cool, I'll bring the seat back to level once I have the fork tubes where I want them. Bike will sit more level once things are adjusted appropriately
[
Looking good!
Have you thought about throwing up a shop tour thread to show off all the cool machinery you have access to?

Looking good!
Have you thought about throwing up a shop tour thread to show off all the cool machinery you have access to?

No!? I did not know that was a thing? I suppose I could. Building bicycles / cars / motorcycles is a hobby.

I love helping my fellow bike builders, but unfortunately its not a profitable industry. As far as machining bike parts, its usually a pro-bono situation more or less. It's also a bit of risk divulging what I have to competitors.

Last edited:
Some progress today... polished up my tubes and put everything together. I really love this bike. It's second only to my high end daily. Front end is welded up, ready for final polish. I seemed to have lost one of my bearing race, so that sucks but I'm sure I have extras.

[

Last edited:
No need to stretch the frame when you have a fork like that.

Well that's good, 'cuz I don't much like stretched frames! If anything I might bump up to a 20'' front wheel to push it higher and lose that 'stretch' look. I like to sit high and tight, in the 'pocket' '60s chopper style, not stretched and low orange county chopper stuff.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back