The Rustrocket lives

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the story.

My brother, who is also one of my best friends, and I unfortunately had a falling out about 3 years ago. We share so many activities in common, from riding bikes to riding motorcycles and ski biking. Just recently we have reconnected and reconciled our differences. I am sure many siblings go though a similar thing in their lifetime. A few months ago I went over to his house and he was showing me a few of the toys he had aquired since we last hung out. He told me that he won the auction for the Rust Rocket Deluxe. I told him I was vaguely familiar with it from Rat Rods, but hadn't paid much attention to who bought the bike. I asked him why he bought it. He thought it was a great way to support the forum. I said I had never seen a picture of it on the forum. He said he had planned on putting it together shortly after receiving it, but had gotten really busy and hadn't been able to put it together. He said he hasn't been on the forum since and it may have looked as though he bought it and dissappeared. He was worried he had upset a few people who had donated their time and effort to the bike. He told me he was sorry for not posting soon after. When I got the chance, I went over and we put the bike together so we could post it for everybody to see. My brother doesn't want to hang the bike on the wall just for viewing pleasure. He believes a bike should be ridden. Since it's too small for an adult, I think he's going to donate it to my daughter, which is way cool for my daughter and me. So without further adieu...........

DSC03167.jpg

DSC03168.jpg

DSC03175.jpg

DSC03176.jpg

DSC03170.jpg

The Rust Rocket Deluxe!!!

Big AL,
As one of the builders of this bike, I'm so glad it's back together and will be ridden!

I think I only rode it about 200-300 feet before Double Nickle and DonOne shipped it off.

Tell your brother that I am grateful to him to making such a generous donation in acquiring the Rust Rocket Deluxe. i hope you and your daughter enjoy it for years to come and please post some pics of it from time to time.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Wow ! that's cool of you too share , I've often wondered What became of it ?
Very cool bike for a very cool cause !!

It is a very cool hotrod and to all who had a hand in building it great job. In about a year or two my little one will be the talk of the block riding a one off ratrod bicycle and very proud owner of the Rustrocket Deluxe. :)

that bike inspired me to do the rack on my Super Deluxe in a similar fashion.

Glad that this thread popped back up to the top. I missed it before.
Great story and great bike.

That's a regular size Murray frame. Just raise the seat, it should be big enough for a decent ride.

I'm glad to see it being ridden though.

What a great story... And it keeps getting better and better.
The disapearing just added to the myth, I guess. But indeed, me too was wondering where, who, why, and how... ;) It's so cool to hear about it again and see pics of it. It seems that the bike is going to be appreciated in a way a bike was built for.
Thanks for the update guys!

And may I add...
These pics are nice. What a cool setting for the bike. It totally fits the colorscheme!
(that's the artist in me saying that... ;-) )

Since post I have made a little change I think for the best. In the cartoon of the bike it shows a rear whitewall slick tire. I just happen to have a 26in scully whitewall in the shed and had a old 4 speed nexus 26in rear wheel and it fits a hole lot better into the bike then the 24in wheel and tire and now looks just like the cartoon.

My little girl will be some ratroder on that bike.

I thought the story was cool and the bike is nice. I'm impressed that you have a child that
can walk barefooted on rocks. :shock: :shock: :shock:

big AL said:
Since post I have made a little change I think for the best. In the cartoon of the bike it shows a rear whitewall slick tire. I just happen to have a 26in scully whitewall in the shed and had a old 4 speed nexus 26in rear wheel and it fits a hole lot better into the bike then the 24in wheel and tire and now looks just like the cartoon.

I bet the Jerald looks great on that bike!! You gotta post some pics man!!!

Uncle Stretch said:
I thought the story was cool and the bike is nice. I'm impressed that you have a child that
can walk barefooted on rocks. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I have no idea how she can walk on the rocks barefoot. It hurts mine even in shoe's

kingfish254 said:
big AL said:

I bet the Jerald looks great on that bike!! You gotta post some pics man!!!

I'll take some pic's next week with the really cool custom shifter for it.

A slick on the rear AND a 4 speed transmission, sounds like a Hot Rod to me!
I remember that Fatti-O being a tight fit on that frame, the 26 x 2.125 will fit a LOT easier.

Nice additions big AL!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
A slick on the rear AND a 4 speed transmission, sounds like a Hot Rod to me!
I remember that Fatti-O being a tight fit on that frame, the 26 x 2.125 will fit a LOT easier.

Nice additions big AL!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Yep just too tight and 26in is perfect fit
thx.

Can't wait to see your shifter too.
Make sure the check out the 2012 Auction bike that Black Crown Tattoo is just starting!

Latest posts

Back