BO15 The Silver Maggot reborn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The middle of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I swore off this build off but I found an old forgotten project that needs to be done and outta here. Some of you may remember my Silver Maggot bare metal clunker that I built to race about 5 years ago. It survived the race but shortly thereafter the Bendix manual two speed blew up. I dismantled it and put it in a big plastic bucket in my garage. A rug went on top and then other junk so it got forgotten. I just started moving stuff around and found a set of chrome wheels and fenders that are getting rusty. The bike and fork are hanging on a wall. The plan is to paint it black, use my stash for parts and assemble a standard cruiser. I’ll give it to someone who is retiring in July.
C4126C26-6D42-468F-B2ED-2A5435358A20.jpeg
6B0DEB72-99F2-47B4-A286-FF0126D81000.jpeg
76529B96-98A4-47CE-B9DD-9D39A70767A2.jpeg
BDC36150-BCA4-4720-B4E6-ED3CABC09C21.jpeg
1C876D8B-7E80-4F10-8F56-5C506D788A0C.jpeg

I just looked up silver maggot on this forum and it appears I started it for build off 13. I don’t remembere that but the parts are still in the same bucket. Hopefully
I won’t forget about it again only to start it again for bo 17. Ha, ha.

Last edited:
The high temperature today is going to be a whopping 36 F. It’s going to be cold until mid May with temperatures in the 40s F. It’s too cold and windy for me in the shop so I’m staying inside by the fire. I’m planning on no bike work for awhile. there was rain and snow mixed on yesterday’s bike ride.
20200503_132340.jpg

Last edited:
Hoping for a warming trend in the UP. Stay warm around the fire, and dream of short sleeves.

Hoping for a warming trend in the UP. Stay warm around the fire, and dream of short sleeves.
I just went outside for some firewood. With the north windchill I can’t believe how cold it is. It’s exactly like winter, worse maybe. The wind is roaring. I’m going to look up the weather and see how strong the wind is.

I remember that build.
So it started life as a Silver Maggot, does that mean that it is being reborn as the Black Fly?

Stay strong my ice-bound brother, we're due for another snow or two before the real spring. I'd wager you southern folk didn't know we have a couple of springs in the north. Sometimes a few.

I remember that build.
So it started life as a Silver Maggot, does that mean that it is being reborn as the Black Fly?
Anybody listen to the Cramps?
"I got a garbage brain
That's driving me insane
And I don't like the ride
So push that pest aside
And baby I won't care
'Cuz baby I don't scare
'Cuz I'm a reborn maggot using germ warfare"
Lol the Cramps made rat music

I remember that build.
Hoeua coweya, dats better name dan da Yooper could come up wid. Vay ta go, eh. Hats off, bow and scrape

"I got a garbage brain
That's driving me insane
So push that pest aside
And baby I won't care
'Cuz baby I don't scare
Cramps is on my play list, poison ivy, dead guy with bara, microphone blow b0w job. I put them on everyone’s play list when they aren’t looking. My one complaint is that they don’t acknowledge the Fender Men for their (Cramps) copy of Mule Skinner Blues. The Cramps credit Jimmy Rodgers as the original, but the Cramps copy the Fendermen, even the guitar riffs. Come on, the Fendermen are almost Yoopers, being from Niagra Wisconsin, only a few feet away from the UP Michigan border. The Fendermen plunged their two guitars into one amp, because that is all they had, no bass guitar or drums, That is the Cramps only sin In my opinion.

Last edited:
"I got a garbage brain
That's driving me insane
So push that pest aside
And baby I won't care
'Cuz baby I don't scare
"I got 96 tears and 96 eyes"

Latest posts