The Steamroller (BOX)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My idea is to build a trike with three 18"x10" rims. I am thinking it will look a lot like the big-wheel I had as a kid. Here re a few photos and a list of ideas, this being my first build on a bike ever we will see how many I can actually pull off :happy:

The seat will be down on the platform in the back so you sit down in between the back wheels
The original seat and seat post will be removed and more bracing added for stength
Front will be raked out to give it a chopper look and bring the handlebars closer to the new seat location
Using a go-kart axle in the back with a diff
replacing the jackshaft hub with a nexus 3 speed hub
Disk brakes on the back, either in both back rims or a single on the axle (prob a setup off a small dirtbike or 4wheeler)
I want to machine my own triple tree front forks (possible a single sided front fork)
fenders for the back wheels
a small trailer hitch on back (I want to build a small trailer for it after the buildoff)
Still thinking about colors, leaning towards a royal blue with silver and pearl white details or satin black with purple and silver details. I am open to suggestions (anything but pink and yellow)

This is a lot to get done hope I can do it and make half the ideas I have work!!

Good luck to everyone, I am exited to stop watching and finally participate!:dance2:

I think this is a Worksman frame, I got it at Heartville Flea Market 2 years ago for $30

The Rims, I got all 4, $100

Something like this ...... maybe

That things a beast , yet Cush grips & seat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey everyone I am looking for a cool crank for my build, if anyone has something for sale or trade please let me know. I don't know the size I need yet I will try and find that out today when I get out to my shop.

This weekend I got some time to work on the rims. I got all four off CL, I ran an add looking for rims that were bent and/or cracked and over 18". Thanks to the harsh Ohio winter and the massive amounts of potholes this winter I have plenty of offers. This one had a big crack in it, but its all fixed now.

This is gonna be fun to follow.
MO FATTA
MO BETTA

So this is going to start slow for me, I am still collecting parts. In the meantime I thought I would start planning my single sided front fork. I am thinking a double the on the right side (from the bike seat) with a plate welded in between them at the bottom where the wheel will mount. I put an idea on paper (want to mock it up in sketchup later) of any of you can make out my chicken scratch let me know your thoughts.

b624fcb1c1b0ee41ea89f36ef7c2fc7b.jpg

No, but I have most of the materials I need.

This is going to be a very cool build. Me and a friend tried to build a single sided bike with car wheels before but we never were able to figure out something that we were happy with for the front fork so I am very curious to see what you come up with.

Thanks I hope you like it, I would love to see what you guys came up with.

And Luke's Outlaw build will have a single sided rear swing arm

Latest posts

Back