The Steamroller (BOX)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got out to the shop this weekend and was able to work on the bike frame.

I worked on the back section of the frame, replacing part of it with new angle iron so I can move the axle and it needed to be stronger for other changes that are coming. Just tacked onto place for now.

Before
55cd63e7e86d76dbcf38868da5bbb1ca.jpg

0681771e4842c11441b8fd8b69b28951.jpg

After
356789f8561b70c83894d9e7b07a0a70.jpg

7316cd656c81351c64b73a425126c370.jpg

Sorry the video ends while I was talking, I ran out of space on my phone. I should have another update next weekend.

Last edited:
Yeah it helps, I use it a lot

That's sexy!

I will be out at the shop on Saturday and maybe Sunday this week to finish up my welds and get the rear axle cleaned and mounted. I ordered some 1" bearings so I can make the drop axle assemblys so this thing can sit low to the ground. I will try to do a mockup before the weekend to share with everyone.

Well I am going to try my best to make some big progress this weekend!!! My gears and and bearing plates came in the mail today ... Here is a mockup of what I am trying to do. The dimensions are not exact, it's a working concept ... Let me know what you think

117e37c469e05e5ab9d7abb9c9339240.jpg

Curious to see how this turns out,concept is interesting. I'll stay tuned.

Curious to see how this turns out,concept is interesting. I'll stay tuned.

Yeah I am interested to see how it turns out too lol

Can't wait to see the real deal with the BIG wheel !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you get the bearing plates, and

Holy rusted metal batman,6 horse. That's what something like 195cc?

I got them on eBay from a seller called shorenutz good prices, I don't know the cc yet just kind of stumbled on it haven't had time to check it out too much

I got the first drop axle assembly done and clamped to the trike to make sure everything lines up, and cut out all the parts for the second one. I also machined the hubs to hold the back wheels. I am planning to work on it some this weekend.

Latest posts

Back