BO15 The Urban Insult Bicycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am joining the build off, i have to buildoff some bikes anyhow, and this is what i will start with:

IMG_20200715_162113.jpg

Felt Leadsled frame, Giant fork from a touring bike, nexus3 wheelset, apehangers, Suntour Roadvx crankset,
truvativ crankconverter and a headset. First thing tomorrow: sand the frame and fork and repaint black.

Welcome to the fun!!!
I've always wanted to score one of those leadsled frames. Definitely influenced by HBBC.
Killer starting point!

That frame is siiiiiiiiiiiiick and loooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnggg!
Get at it

*Something tells me we have another Nederlander in the contest... something unpronounceable!

Agreed on the name selection ^ ! Looks like you've got some cool parts to put together on this build. Looking forward to it, and welcome to the build off!
RaT oN~!

Thanks for the support people.
Did a front balcony paintjob because i do not want to poison the herbs on my back balcony.
As long as the wind goes out of my house it was doable. Also cleansed the crank and Bottom Bracket.
IMG_20200716_123656.jpg

IMG_20200716_162820.jpg

Got some tires on..
IMG_20200716_162833.jpg

And could not resist doing a mock-up, i used an ahead converter for the stem:
IMG_20200716_172115.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic, will post bettter one later.

IMG_20200718_125938.jpg

Those bars were just an idea i was toying with, they are cruiser bars with those mtb bar extension thingies, but i decided to use standard apes.
IMG_20200718_130113.jpg

Then i found this adjustable stem i had forgotten about, and put on a Sturmey gripshifter and a pare of grips that seem to have come with the shifter.
IMG_20200718_124835.jpg

Getting there, cant wait to ride it...

That was a quick ding dang build! One pager. Looks cool.

I was lucky to have all the parts at my disposal, so it almost felt as if this bike created itself with me being just the mediator..
But it was much easier to build than one of those i supose:
1585667541_-aleigh--eam-bouwdoos-open.jpg

Just the thought of having to build one of these makes me waking up scraming in the middle of the night!

Hmm. No welding and no frame mods...
I wonder why class two?
It is a cool frame though. I've never seen one.

GC.

Latest posts

Back