THE VIOLATOR (name changed, fork installed)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I was going to sit this one out. But I just started to get some really great parts. And I will be building anyway so I might as well document it here.
IMG_3386.JPG

Using this frame. I threw som parts at it last week. Some will stay. Some will not.
IMG_3430.JPG

As it's sitting right now. A lot of parts will be removed.
IMG_3464.JPG

The fork. Nuff said.
IMG_3406.JPG

Building a new wheel in the living room. Shhhhhhh. Don't tell Mrs. ODDER
I have a lot of fabrication to do now. Build. Tear down. Prep. Paint. Rebuild. Hmmmmm. I wonder if I can find anyone locally to make me a cool Kustom seat. :39:

Sweet!! Wow this looks like a cool one ODDER
Thanks man. I wasn't going to build this year. Then I got this fork. I have two other builds going right now as well. One is a secret to be revealed in October at our bike show and swap in Augusta KS. The other is a bike I've owned for 25 years or more, it's getting a facelift.

The name is definitely going to change. But I can't give it away just yet. I will reveal the new name when the new paint arrives.

Righteous :rockout:

I must have a thing for purple choppers. A couple years ago I built a the Purpa-trator, a chopper based on a Murray eliminator style frame. Here I am again building a purple chopper. Well, more violet so I think it has to be called THE VIOLATOR! :bandit:

Great bike and parts collection you started with. That seat is killer and that fork is off the charts. What size rear wheel is that 20 or 24?
Love the vibe of this built!

Great bike and parts collection you started with. That seat is killer and that fork is off the charts. What size rear wheel is that 20 or 24?
Love the vibe of this built!
Rear wheel is a 24. Jerald 24x2.125 slick.
The seat isnt staying. I'm building something way more custom for it. (Watch sale threads for current seat)
The front wheel is something I built up. It's a 5 speed drum hub that was apparently for the rear of this bike but I already had a 20" hoop and spokes to fit. It just kinda landed on the fork, but I think it's going to stay.

Excuse my ignorance, but where did you got the fork? :13:
It's a custom built fork. I had shown a pic of one similar to a friend a couple months ago. Then he shows up at my house with this one last weekend. I don't know who made it. But I know he's in the Wichita area. And I know I love it.

I got major family in Wichita! My gramps owned the Nash dealership there in the 50's and my GG was the Walton brother's garage in the 30's:rofl:.

Thats a sweet fork! does it look custom made?

Latest posts

Back