the worlds smallest big pain in the rear

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well as you may or may not know i am blessed :roll: with having three sisters, one older than me (hey to Portland people) and two younger ones, and since the second youngest has only got eyes for shopping and having a bad attitude, i figured id rot the brain of my five year old sister with what we call true blue ratroding.
002.jpg

thats her, right there with a goofy tooth missing smile holding up my current favorite bike. theres not a real bad scratch on it, and its all origional. . . so i figured it would be perfect for her to learn to ride on!
so after afew back yard victory laps and afew not so bad spills later (took to this so quick it aint even funny)...
394756_399726826743822_135004926_n.jpg

she was starting to get the hang of it, so then we decided to practice a little more, on something with a few less land mines and holes
406254_402082766508228_1573574967_n.jpg

for about a good solid hour, just going in circles in the parking lot across the street, even standing up to pedal, i was pretty impressed for someone with two days of practice.
could hop on, hop off (ish) and go ridng straight down the line
but the inevitable happened, i realized the bike was to big and that she could hurt herself
258502_401833769866461_1063634075_o.jpg

so i went to rebuilding and making her old fitting bike cooler (man i ride big bikes!)
578684_402080969841741_1050264846_n.jpg

and i have concluded to this, as girly yet ratty as i think my mom will allow. she told me no rust no dents, it has to look nice (not that my sister cared) but i really think she will love it when she sees it again, all cleaned up and fresh

but this little embargo has lead me to realize something. . .im getting old! she was in diapers when i joined this site! tomorrow she is going to be a first grader and im going to be a senior. . . oh how time does fly when youre having fun

snydur said:

but this little embargo has lead me to realize something. . .im getting old! she was in diapers when i joined this site! tomorrow she is going to be a first grader and im going to be a senior. . . oh how time does fly when youre having fun

Nice job.

And before you know it, you'll be over fifty and still playing with bikes. :lol:

Nice job man. My sis is all grown up and lives far away. Looks like you're enjoying having a sister. Awesome. Build a wee little rat rod, (just don't tell anyone it's for your sister :wink: :wink: ) and I bet she'll like it more!

jackdaw said:
Nice job man. My sis is all grown up and lives far away. Looks like you're enjoying having a sister. Awesome. Build a wee little rat rod, (just don't tell anyone it's for your sister :wink: :wink: ) and I bet she'll like it more!
615047_396801690369669_1988110472_o.jpg
:roll:

I like that 16" chrome rat with pink rims! Well done!! The only thing I could suggest is some cruiser bars with a wicker basket in the front just to "girl" it up a bit more to please Mom.

I just got my 8 year old's "rat" in the mail today. The work continues until Christmas when he gets it. My 4 year old daughter, however, will be getting a brand new "girly" 16" thanks to the insistance of her mother, who wanted nothing to do with a ratted 16" with pink for her. :roll:

I'm going to search for a good 20" girl bike as a base for her next bike that I plan on ratting. We'll see. I've got a few years! :wink:

Awesome story, Cool build, Nice big brother!
That's pretty cool of you to do that for her.
She sure looks like she was having fun.

Just wait, it flies even faster as 1 year becomes 1/50th of your existence versus 1/17th :lol:

snydur said:
jackdaw said:
615047_396801690369669_1988110472_o.jpg
:roll:

Perfect! 8)

Latest posts

Back