There's A Lot Of Cheatin' & Buzzin' Going On Around Here........

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Late Friday night I spotted an ad on Craigslist for old bike parts and called to inquire first thing Saturday morning. The owner had to work all day so we agreed to meet at his place that night to check the stuff out. It turns out that he is a member here but doesn't ever post. He's a great young guy that works at one of the local bike shops in Fresnothing. Anyway, I wasn't really interested in the entire lot but he was willing to piece it out so I ended up with this for a GREAT price......................................

Buzz%20Bike_zpsga29vmdc.jpg

There was quite a bit of cool stuff in that little shed.................I asked about another bike he had there but I was told it was his rider and he didn't really want to let go of it. We talked some more about my projects and stash and told him of a Wildcat that I had just sitting in my backyard. He told me that he really wanted another Wildcat since he had ridden one to High School and if I was interested in a trade plus cash he would let the other bike I was interested in go. We met up again last night after he got off work and I came home with this...........................

Cheater%20Slick%201_zps54lsd9eh.jpg

Cheater%20Slick%202_zps3bzsyhi5.jpg

This thing is RAD! I hit the top tube with a little compound, when it gets the full on treatment it will shine like a diamond in a goats behind. That clean spot on the chainguard had an ancient STP sticker on it that the previous owner removed. Sometime after I finish the two bikes I've got entered in the MBBO I'll tear this apart for a thorough cleaning and grease job. I know nothing about this bike, did this come with a Persons Solo Polo and Sissy Bar originally? If not I may have the seat recovered (I'll do that no matter which way I decide to go) in black and stick the seat and Sissy Bar on my '64 Stingray (it's missing the 'correct' ones). Either way I'm super happy with the new addition to the stable.

Last edited:
I'd trade a springer polo seat that needs recovered for that leopard skin polo...
55f96852e66871c585c04b738832f99d.jpg

it's currently on the 53' Lincoln...

Carl.

sent from a crowded phonebooth...

I'd trade a springer polo seat that needs recovered for that leopard skin polo...

I need it and that squareback sissy for my '64 Stingray. ;) Odder is going to recover it for me. :cool:

Both are great bikes, but that Buzzbike looks brand new!

Unfortunately it's been repainted, but for $30 I couldn't pass it up.

Hey just thought I'd offer up a rare springer polo to save the funky leopard print. Since you're recovering it anyway... maybe I'll head over to the swaps thread...

Carl.

I need it and that squareback sissy for my '64 Stingray. ;) Odder is going to recover it for me. :cool:

Unfortunately it's been repainted, but for $30 I couldn't pass it up.
The decals are perfect. Are you sure it's repaint?

Latest posts

Back