there's two zeppelins in my garage..

Discussion in 'FRESH FINDS' started by charliechaindrive, Jul 5, 2013.

1. charliechaindrive

charliechaindrive

I think I did pretty good the other day,   my first find is this sweet wards Hawthorne zep,   posted on c-list for the irresistibly low price of 45$
    [​IMG] the seller chuck was a very nice guy,   he collects old Maytag gas engines as well as bikes.    I also got these two frames from chuck for 15$
    A second zep frame
    [​IMG] and a monark super twin frame and fork
    [​IMG]
    Then,   my friend Mark's brother bob came out from south Dakota and brought his whizzer motorbike with!
    [​IMG]
    I rode this thing around brainerd for a good two hours.  Lots of fun!

Ccd

2. Walker

Walker

That's some good scores. the Zep frame is my personal favorite. Too bad the rusty one is missing the drive side teardrop pedal.

3. Great deals! 8)

4. junknutz1975

junknutz1975

Oh man that's COOL!!! :shock:

5. yeshoney

yeshoney

I believe your Monark frame would have been badged a "Spiegel Airman" Single spring fork is what gives it away.

Joe

6. Nightrider

Nightrider

Ever go to the AMA superbike races? Been there several times, but I live too far away now.

7. Jpromo

Jpromo

Prices were definitely right indeed! Both fastback frames are Synder-built bikes with the second, surface rusty one being a '36 due to the unique seat binder.

8. charliechaindrive

charliechaindrive

Thanks everybody, and the drive side tear drop pedal isis there on the '36 (thanks for the year ID Jpromo:, it's just hanging on by a thread. I did a little bit of work on the blue zep, I couldn't stand to ride it with the original cranks being as bent as they were (hitting the frame a tiny bit) so I swapped in a newer unbent set of cranks. I also got out by bag of lead shot and tamed a few dents in the back fender. As soon as I get a box this bike is going to a new home.

Ccd

9. slowriderz

slowriderz

I called the guy on that first bike. He told me it was pending pick up ( you obviously ). :cry: Congrats on the score!! I had thoughts of swooping it up on my way thru the area last week. Oh well. I managed to find a couple other great deals.

10. charliechaindrive

charliechaindrive

Better luck next time slowriderz :D

11. slowriderz

slowriderz

If you ever find bikes up there that you are not going to buy, shoot me a message any time I am always interested in good leads. I am thru the area every few weeks heading to our cabin.