there's two zeppelins in my garage..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I did pretty good the other day,   my first find is this sweet wards Hawthorne zep,   posted on c-list for the irresistibly low price of 45$
20130703_162559.jpg
the seller chuck was a very nice guy,   he collects old Maytag gas engines as well as bikes.    I also got these two frames from chuck for 15$
A second zep frame
20130703_162606.jpg
and a monark super twin frame and fork
20130703_162612.jpg

Then,   my friend Mark's brother bob came out from south Dakota and brought his whizzer motorbike with!
20130703_133216.jpg

I rode this thing around brainerd for a good two hours.  Lots of fun!

Ccd

I believe your Monark frame would have been badged a "Spiegel Airman" Single spring fork is what gives it away.

Joe

Ever go to the AMA superbike races? Been there several times, but I live too far away now.

Prices were definitely right indeed! Both fastback frames are Synder-built bikes with the second, surface rusty one being a '36 due to the unique seat binder.

Thanks everybody, and the drive side tear drop pedal isis there on the '36 (thanks for the year ID Jpromo:, it's just hanging on by a thread. I did a little bit of work on the blue zep, I couldn't stand to ride it with the original cranks being as bent as they were (hitting the frame a tiny bit) so I swapped in a newer unbent set of cranks. I also got out by bag of lead shot and tamed a few dents in the back fender. As soon as I get a box this bike is going to a new home.

Ccd

I called the guy on that first bike. He told me it was pending pick up ( you obviously ). :cry: Congrats on the score!! I had thoughts of swooping it up on my way thru the area last week. Oh well. I managed to find a couple other great deals.

Latest posts

Back