Thoughts / Opinions Appreciated on This Motorized Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guy in my area is selling this bike. He said it was a Double Eagle made by Goodyear in the late 40s or early 50s. He said the motor turns over. I was wondering if the motor was the same era as the bike and/or if it was original to the bike. Do you think it would be difficult to find parts for this thing provided all the internals are in working order? Thought the bike was pretty unique looking and with the motor, thought might be worth getting. Looks pretty original to me except for the seat and rear fender. What do you guys think would be a fair price to offer him? I thought around $200, but wanted some more input. Thanks.

motorbike2.jpg

motorbike1.jpg

i would say, thats a double eagle thaat had an collision with a whizzer motor bicycle

heres what the double eagle should look like
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0575022743

i'd start at $100 for that frankenbeast, and go from there.
to give you an idea about the engine, I'm purchasing on old kick start engine this week for $50 (running)
2requrt.jpg

and 2 running reel motors for $40 each.
jtphxz.jpg

you can probably find the parts you require from similar items. (old rototillers,chainsaw's etc)

icyuod2 said:
i would say, thats a double eagle thaat had an collision with a whizzer motor bicycle

heres what the double eagle should look like
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0575022743

i'd start at $100 for that frankenbeast, and go from there.
to give you an idea about the engine, I'm purchasing on old kick start engine this week for $50 (running)
2requrt.jpg

and 2 running reel motors for $40 each.
jtphxz.jpg

you can probably find the parts you require from similar items. (old rototillers,chainsaw's etc)
Yea i would say start at a $100.00. Hey icyoud2 is that first engine a maytag engine

It's most definatly a washing machine engine,(approx 1 horse) not sure if its a maytag though. :)
(your probably correct)

$200 is a good starting place for that Whizzer. There are parts readily available, but they're not cheap. If it's a runner $200 would be a pretty good deal, though if it's not, it could be very expensive to repair. I'd drop the $200 on it in a heartbeat though.

Latest posts

Back