Three-In-One Oil History

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Created 1894 by George W. Cole " for the care and maintenance of a bicycle " . https://3-in-one.co.uk/history/ . Some of the vintage green glass bottles , with cork , can be seen on ebay .
Some vintage euro 3 speed hubs require 3-1 or similar to work without blowing up. I have fixed these where people put motor oil in them.

Cool read, I got some on advice from us56456712, and now it's like Frank's Red Hot
14adco_CA0-articleInline.jpg

Heat is not everything, you gotta have flavor too.
My wife thinks I have the taste buds of a 100 Year old Alcoholic cigar smoker. I like habanero hot sauce or jalapeño hot sauce. Ghost or reaper make too hot a sauce. At the spice store I buy habanero dust, which I use instead of cayanne as all cayenne has is heat without flavor. Anyway, when a customer comes into the spice shop for reaper or ghost dust they go in a closed back room and wear a respirator to package the order in a small zip bag. The customers in the other room sneeze, get watery eyes and cough. No thanks. That’s nuts, but I know someone who ate ghost peppers as a side with snake At deer camp. Alcohol was involved, but only a little.

Last edited:
interesting... I thought 3-1 was created for sewing machines all these years. Don't know where I got that idea.

Latest posts

Back