Thrown Together

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally got some pics done. Here is the build thread
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/Thrown-Together-DONE!!!!!!.83516/#post-811894

I was going for a board track style build using as many parts as I could without having to buy anything. I ended up buying the seat from Kingfish 254 and the grips from ifitsfreeitsforme. Oh and a new chain. Everything else I had. I was going to find some bars to flip upside down but I knew that with my girth I'd never ride it, so I opted for a drop stem and low rise bars instead. The frame has looked like this for years, but the forks were patina'd to match. It rides pretty nice, I think the only thing I might change is the seat post. I think a lucky 7 would put the seat in the right place and make me look more a part of the bike instead of on top of it. I'm very happy that I have color matching grips, tires, and pedal, I think that makes the colors pop.
yhevuzu3.jpg

na2uga8y.jpg

u6y8utat.jpg

u8a3e9yv.jpg

asehavu2.jpg

sasa5ypa.jpg

tamymaqa.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great looking ride buddy! Glad to see the seat worked for you!
CONGRATS!

Thanks for all the likes and kind words! I know it's a simple build compared to most, but I'm happy with it and I'm glad to be in the company if so many talented builders !
As a side note, I ran the serial number on the frame, and if I read it correctly, it was built June 1, 1959. Older than I thought!

great job

Latest posts

Back