Thunder Klunk!!! Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait this is suppose to be "Humble Warrior"! I actually just found this at goodwill and will use it for sacrificial leather for the seat and other things. Saddle bags will be made for sure. Here is what I am going for, except i will use the original buttons instead of straps, for flaps :

saddle bags by Kevin Kanouff, on Flickr
Great idea, awesome patina on the leather

Finished planning out the chain guard last night. Started cutting it tonight but only finished half before I broke my cutting wheel. Note to self: buy 2 or more cut off wheels next time! I hate stopping in the middle of a step. To be continued....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finished planning out the chain guard last night. Started cutting it tonight but only finished half before I broke my cutting wheel. Note to self: buy 2 or more cut off wheels next time! I hate stopping in the middle of a step. To be continued....

Yep, I buy them by the 5 or 10 pack now days...

Luke.

I stared at that pic and finally see a chain guard, wonder if it will look like I'm envisioning?
Today I took the bottom bracket out. Will need a set of pedals, which I may have somewhere, and new bearings.

Also cut the top (pull start assemble) off the chain guard. Now just need to plan on what I want it to look like.

Well this has been a busy week. The in-laws came for a surprise visit, so have not got a lot of work done Last night I was able to get the stuck pedal off finally. Pictures in a few days. Also wasn't liking my seat so I am going banana! :banana:

Banana seat will be great with those bars. My son turns 8 on Monday. Hope you guys have fun! You let him run that tractor yet? My son gets to help his uncle with the farming and he also is big enough to drive his JD Gator by himself now.

Banana seat will be great with those bars. My son turns 8 on Monday. Hope you guys have fun! You let him run that tractor yet? My son gets to help his uncle with the farming and he also is big enough to drive his JD Gator by himself now.

My son is 9 but has not had a chance to ride or drive the tractor yet. He doesn't like how loud it is. I need to ask him again though. He has driven the farm truck around and loved it. He is helping with this build still but seems to only be for 5 minutes at a time lol. But helps with all the big decisions. The banana seat was off his bike we are fixing for him next. He doesn't like banana seats apparently. Score for my bike!

He is helping with this build still but seems to only be for 5 minutes at a time lol. But helps with all the big decisions.

5 minutes is pretty good. Mine helped a lot with the polishing and has been good at picking things out for it too.

The banana seat was off his bike we are fixing for him next. He doesn't like banana seats apparently. Score for my bike!

I've scored a couple things off my son's bikes too. I don't know if I could have gotten away with all this bike stuff without him.

Didn't get anything done Saturday as this was my view all day:

Brush hogging while there is finally no rain (3 flash flood alerts this week). Love the rain though.
Not a bad view.Me like...

Not much progress in the last week. The crank was bent too much to use. I have one from a donor bike which is fine but i can get the chain wheel off the original crank yet. Have been trying for a few days now. The donor one will work but is from an 80's huffy so the look is not what I want. Plus I might be using the Huffy for the Klunker build off (hint :whistle:hint!) and the look is perfect for that.

Tonight I want to start getting the seat post unstuck so I can get it to the proper height. I have been putting wd40 on that and the chain wheel for days but I have a feeling it will be stubborn too. My guess is heat and hammer!

WELL LET'S DO THIS!! PUT THE HAMMER DOWN!!
6ddcb35c6a05b2b61442eddf15faae16.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Sad to say, but looks like I will have to bow out of this one. Sucks because it is my first build off.:20: My wife really needs help now that the kids are out of school for the summer and I need to put them first. Hopefully I will be back for the klunker build off in Jan. I will still be around and watching the builds. At least this will give me the focus to decide on who to vote for.

Sad to say, but looks like I will have to bow out of this one. Sucks because it is my first build off.:20: My wife really needs help now that the kids are out of school for the summer and I need to put them first. Hopefully I will be back for the klunker build off in Jan. I will still be around and watching the builds. At least this will give me the focus to decide on who to vote for.
Sorry to hear that,but you're correct. Family comes before anything,even rusty old bikes

There will be more build-off's buddy! ;)

Luke.

There is always the next build brother! I've been waiting since BBO 3. I'm just hoping I can pull this off. You have a great bike and an awesome theme. Keep it stoked and come back hard and thumpin. By the way, lovin the bead idea. I was checking out Crazy Crow reading your thread.

http://www.crazycrow.com/beaded-strips

Kevin, sorry to hear of your troubles with the build. And I concur with the family obligations. That was one of the reasons I HAD to get mine done as quickly as I did....and the fact that I'm extremely obsessive / compulsive....oh well, that's not going to change after 59 years....I'm gathering parts for the Klunker winter build as well, hope to see yours in it too! :) ...that is if I can WAIT that long! :confused:

Sorry to hear that's , but family first your showing the strength of a great dad , it takes sacrifice , to be the MAN of the house . Have no fear RRB Will still be hear . You'll be back !!!!!

Back