Thunder Klunk!!! Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thought cross my mind. I have not painted over chrome before though. Thanks for the idea! Since it crossed your mind as well, maybe i should try it. I was going to paint the spokes for sure anyway. Hmmm.....
I sanded up my chrome wheels on BBD, applied that Roof fixture paint (which adhered quite well) then my textured "faux tina" paint afterwords. Haven't scratched any off yet....See my "Rat-urday, May 30" vid and pics on pg 7 of Beer Boy Delivery build.

I sanded up my chrome wheels on BBD, applied that Roof fixture paint (which adhered quite well) then my textured "faux tina" paint afterwords. Haven't scratched any off yet....See my "Rat-urday, May 30" vid and pics on pg 7 of Beer Boy Delivery build.
Cool thanks! I will watch the video again.

I have decided to keep the mix of chrome/black/and red. The Huffy Vortex stem is one of my favorite parts. The bmx stem is have chrome (or wannabe chrome) and half black.

Next steps are to clean the seat as it was previously electrical taped and hot glue the top pad back on. Also to linseed oil the frame.

Life has been crazy this last week. Wife baptized! and a million other things. I am off next week and will push to finish. Going to put the new grips and pedals on and fix the seat. That is the least i can do to finish so that is my goal.
Good luck on the "finishing" touches Kevin! Looking forward to seeing it come to fruition!

Congrats buddy!
Now ride that sucker!

Latest posts

Back