Thunderbolt Grease Slapper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The two wheel, wheel barrow looks like it could make a cool sulky to allow the Grease Slapper to do some harness racing! :21:

Can't wait for the next exciting episode!

Tom hasn't found a suitable stoker yet, race fans. So it looks like it might be Marigold!?! Can Gerty pull off a miracle conversion? Will Tom be the Captain to Marigold's stoker? And where is the Twin Cities Oval anyway? Hang in there folks...

Merle.

Everybody has heard of the twin cities right? What about Daryl and the other city Daryl? It seems this is where the Oval is at. Word has it that Baron Otto Matic is planning on entering the race and now speed jockey and Eagle Scout, Tom Slick is doubling down on his search for a stoker. The Baron is Tom's arch rival, the epitome of a cheating scoundrel and black heart. The meeting of these two polar opposites at the Twin Cities Oval will be epic. But I have a question. What's a stoker?

Merle.

stok·er

/ˈstōkər/

noun

a person who tends the furnace on a steamship or steam locomotive.

a mechanical device for supplying fuel to a firebox or furnace, especially on a steam locomotive.

"a mechanical stoker"

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

stok·er

/ˈstōkər/

noun

Solotand-T1.JPEG

Thanks for bringing back some killer Saturday morning cartoon junkie memories!!! It's fun reading your entries in the classic cartoon commentator voice.

Gerty has done it again! The Thunderbolt Grease Slapper has been reimagined! Captain Tom Slick has got Marigold ready to stoke. The bike has been loaded up and is in transit to Daryl (I hope it's the right one... or was it the left one???) The Baron is in for a surprise. Here it is race fans...

TGSTandem.jpg

Merle.

Gerty has done it again! The Thunderbolt Grease Slapper has been reimagined! Captain Tom Slick has got Marigold ready to stoke. The bike has been loaded up and is in transit to Daryl (I hope it's the right one... or was it the left one???) The Baron is in for a surprise. Here it is race fans...

View attachment 94930

Merle.
I spy photoshop tinkering... :21:

All I know is Gerty swears she didn't do any welding... and with that bit of information, on with the Twin Cities Oval. Seems Baron Otto Matic had hired that guy from the Liberty Mutual commercial as his stoker. Not the guy that jumps the rail, Marigold. The guy with the custom calves...
Dyhtz8aWsAA3-M3.jpg

So all around nice guy and hop scotch champion, Tom Slick had missed the pole position by a full two seconds. Going into the race inside lane second row, gave the Grease Slapper an advantage in the Oval, if Tom could get an inside move... At pole position was Baron Otto Matic and when the flag dropped, his stoker with the custom calves gave a mighty push forcing them so quickly forward the Baron wasn't in the best position for the turn. In fact he wasn't ready to turn at all! They speed forward off the track and taking out the other front row bikes! Tom's cut inside to make the turn sealed the race as Marigold propelled the Thunderbolt round and round the Oval. There were late tries to pass in the 20 lapper but Tom Slick's excellent driving and Marigold's relentless pedaling gave our friends another win for the Thunderbolt Grease Slapper. Back at the Gerties Garage the Thunderbolt is already being torn down for the next race... What's that? How did Tom Slick really pull off the win? Tom says "There's no such thing as fail in tandem racing, Marigold."

Merle.

Last edited:
Hello bicycle enthusiasts, we're back at Gertie's Garage and the Thunderbolt Grease Slapper is in the midst of another transformation. This picture, taken at a late nite brain storming, gives us just an inkling of how Gertie's mind works...
0644e63586377c0cecbe5802cadb7576.jpg

Fanboat racing anyone? I'm not really sure just what ace mechanic Gerty Growler has in mind but Tom's been scavenging extension cords all morning... Details as they develop.

Merle.

Sent from the edge of an alternate universe...

Last edited:
Are you ready for some high voltage action folks?
How about Electric Fanbike racing? Seems there's a fledgling group in the midwest putting together an EF rally. Tom Slick heard about it and he's always up for a challenge. Here's hoping there is no shocking results...

Merle.

Ok fan-natics, Gerty is up to her elbows in it again. "Tom boy..." She says, "Sometimes it'd be easier to jack up the seat and build a completely different bike under it!" "But don't give up on me yet son, it's like you always say; There's no such thing as fail in bicycle building..."

Merle.

Last edited:
Hello bicycle enthusiasts, we're back at Gertie's Garage and the Thunderbolt Grease Slapper is in the midst of another transformation. This picture, taken at a late nite brain storming, gives us just an inkling of how Gertie's mind works...
0644e63586377c0cecbe5802cadb7576.jpg

Fanboat racing anyone? I'm not really sure just what ace mechanic Gerty Growler has in mind but Tom's been scavenging extension cords all morning... Details as they develop.

Merle.

Alright one those newfangled electric powered bicycles...and no batteries to recharge. Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Fan-natics"....:21:

Your stories are getting so 'slick' I'm not sure anymore if you are just shooting the 'breeze' or giving us the straight scoop.

CarToOn, er RaT oN~!

News Flash! Tom pulled the plug on the EF Rally because there's a cruise coming up and he wants to take the Thunderbolt Grease Slapper out for a ride! This Saturday race fans, it's the sixth annual Tamale Ride.
2417058ce5085ab5216b65080c81a02b.jpg

Lucky for Tom, Gerty wasn't too far into the fan trans formation...
Here's how it sits today, 2 speed kickback, stretched bars, layback post and a Brooks saddle...

bfd602d837a993a9c28caa05b8a225f6.jpg

Merle.

Last edited:
Just don't taco that front wheel on the tamale ride!
Well folks we expected burrito jokes,
but the taco wheel skid right by...
maybe it was the refried beans!?!?

Merle.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back