Thunderbolt Grease Slapper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Underground pictures from Gertie's Garage show what looks like the beginning of some kind of turbine drive on the rear rack and a definite change in handle bars...

Merle.
a58c520b2b826c067d1efaa0efb45c28.jpg
e552b3d941babf3d3a9b4ebfe4781304.jpg
a087ea41963acd155deaa788e5064cd5.jpg

Sent from the edge of an alternate universe...

An excerpt from a journal found in the abandoned wreckage
of the last Crossing of The Expanse:

Aye, and I cain't figure how there was a lane and then there wasn't. I roon, fast and I stayed head of my pursuers. They cain again and tried, tried to push the rust they had. But no rust could o'ertake steel cold and sinewy muscle. Yet, I hear the scrapers caining far an then close, far noe as I witness on this page, but soon I fear close. Doon' look behind when ears will do. Roll on fast until yo cross this waste or breathe no moor. Kine or cain't, no time as noe.

What do you make of that?
Merle.

One of the more entertaining build journals around. Keep on building and having fun!!

One of the more entertaining build journals around. Keep on building and having fun!!
Thanks! That last bit was inspired by a track from Pink Floyd Ummagumma

Carl.

I heard Gerty tell Tom today that she feels like a mad scientist. I suppose it's because of the scifi-motor she built for a quick boost crossing the Expanse... Bogen Ion Drive pushing a pocket turbine with a vintage two barrel suckin' air (& it's LED) I can't wait to see it fired up.

Merle.
fb579b85a2d1ba143b7da1ef3584a4e8.jpg
f8759855d4ac84f377ef2270f8587355.jpg
4931d788978c1da44414720f00f7c5c3.jpg

Might need a drag chute to stop. The coaster brake will be doing it's Chernobyl impersonation. LOL

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I hope Tom won't be stopping with a pack of scavengers behind him!

Marigold.

Wow!

Race fans and doomdealers, this morning Gerty rolled this out of the garage for some pictures...
All I can say is I feel like I've seen this in a movie or a nitemare or...

Merle.
96d5a83c8bbd60c8a38fd1700557962e.jpg
484aed35d29a548afd6908db4270bc1c.jpg

I had to ask Tom about those scrapers when it comes to Crossing The Expanse. Tom Slick answers, "You're looking at it wrong Merle, those bear traps are perfect for immediate turns. If you need to cut left, scrape left, cut right, scrape right. Gerty has created a monster of a motor with that Bogen Ion Drive. Pure light converted into power, thrust provided by miniature turbine. The rake on the Thunderbolt Grease Slapper is there to provide a downforce. The Crossing is coming up quick and I also have been developing a defensive system with Praxis. My old Vortex disc launcher is being modified for a side mount. It's a prototype and purely defensive. I'll be relying on speed as usual and skill as needed. But there's no such thing as guesswork when it comes to Crossing The Expanse."
Well there you have it folks. A Vortex disc launcher on a bike and it's not a scraper it's an immediate turn system. I can't wait to see more.

Merle.

Keeping an ION this development!

Latest posts

Back