BO15 TIERRA CRUISERA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Admittedly, it looks spindly from certain angles, like an elephant on gazelle legs.
20200705_124743.jpg
20200705_124756.jpg

I'm hoping my impending topside changes will visually balance things out. Gotta go back to my storage unit to dig out a narrower Brookes-style leather saddle. Somewhere I have a brown cable guide to go with my other earth-tone touches.

CHANGE OF NAME and CHANGE OF DIRECTION!

Sometimes our projects speak to us. This morning, my Earth Cruiser yelled at me! She said "Listen dummy, you can't change my bones; they are THICK! Look at my top tube: Thick! Look at my down tube: Even THICKER! You can slim down the tires and wheels, but they will never look proportional to my frame. I do think a narrower seat and handlebars would look pretty cool, but please show me some respect."

I had to agree with her. Fatter tires and rims are going back on. Earth tone saddle, grips, tires and shifter cable are still in the works, and a dark green paint job will complement the browns. It will look earthy and correct. Since I'm not knocking off much girth, a new name is in order. I think I'll go with "Tierra Cruisera." In correct Spanish, the name would be something like "Crucero de la Tierra," and I apologize to all my Spanish speaking friends, but I like the ring of "Tierra Cruisera."

So you're saying "hasta la vista" to the rapido, and "buenos tardes" to the gordo. Muy bien.

It's hard for a big boned gal to pull off a ballerina costume. Build a Roller Derby Queen instead. To quote Jim Croce, "she was built like a fridgerator with a head". Have fun!

It's hard for a big boned gal to pull off a ballerina costume. Build a Roller Derby Queen instead. To quote Jim Croce, "she was built like a fridgerator with a head". Have fun!
And Freddie Mercury said "Fat bottomed girls, you make the rockin' world go round." World, . . Earth, . . Earth Cruiser? Coincidence? I think not, . . . not in my own little twilight zone.

It's an earth cruiser, right? So, on the inner side of the chainwheel, careful observers will find an illustration of planet Earth. Why not on the outer side of the chainwheel for all the world to see, you may ask? I put the same decal on the outer side, but made a mess out of it and peeled it off.
IMG_2496.JPG

It's an earth cruiser, right? So, on the inner side of the chainwheel, careful observers will find an illustration of planet Earth. Why not on the outer side of the chainwheel for all the world to see, you may ask? I put the same decal on the outer side, but made a mess out of it and peeled it off.
View attachment 128679
I had about the same thing in my build. The bike, or in your case the earth, rejected them, Must listen and move on.

Since youve decided to paint, are you cutting off the seat post support?

SurfKlunks pic gives the frame a nice look, low. Im seeing a musclebike....fat and skinny tire with layed back post, regular seat and moustache bars or short apes. Almost a motorcyle bobber look with apes, or an old Indian with moustache bars.

You always come up with great stuff, Ill wait for the plan to unfold.

View attachment 128679

You need a different sticker for the other side to show the other side of the world, not the same side. :D

Maybe just do a compass rose without the directional letters.

1594734143430.png

Since youve decided to paint, are you cutting off the seat post support?

SurfKlunks pic gives the frame a nice look, low. Im seeing a musclebike....fat and skinny tire with layed back post, regular seat and moustache bars or short apes. Almost a motorcyle bobber look with apes, or an old Indian with moustache bars.

You always come up with great stuff, Ill wait for the plan to unfold.
Good question. It does seem to be screaming for that procedure, but in the interest of eventual resale, I'll leave it alone. And I have long legs. And during this crisis, we are being asked to postpone elective surgeries.

Latest posts

Back