Tina's Pride-New Pics added 6-06-09

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Tina's Pride-Couple pics added 5-8-09

Alrighty...just having trouble draggin into gear today,sat up watchin monster flicks with my daughter till almost morning :p

take your time, we still have a couple of months to finnish. relax, due some things with your wife and kids. later

Outlaw

OUTLAW said:
take your time, we still have a couple of months to finnish. relax, due some things with your wife and kids. later

Outlaw

Will do,and now that warm (if wet :? ) weather's here,we'll definately be doing some family stuff! Tina's off work Monday (and every Wed and Thursday),and it's sposed to be pretty this Monday,so we're going to the Breaks Interstate Park (my local riding/trails area :wink: ) ,just the two of us,while the kids are in school. She'll hike,I'll ride,then we'll meet up and grille a couple hotdawgs,sit and enjoy the early afternoon and then beat the school bus home :mrgreen:

Been doing some sanding/smoothing/minor filling and brillo-padding (some of the chrome) today,I might actually have some progress pics a little later 8)

No pics,but got the fork smooth and primed (3 times actually...as it was set aside to dry-twice-my son knocked it on the deck,and kicked it as he ran past...had to redo it twice :shock: :? ),and some smoothing to the chainstays.

It's a little more done than what I had,anyways. :)

kool, your on the right track. i applud you.

Outlaw

Got a little side-tracked today...went mtn biking w/ a friend,and cleaned up the Monocog,started it's latest transformation (it's been several different variations over the years),Kruiser/RRB.com inspired,pics in another section when done 8)

Got the fork (for all intents and purposes...at least as much as I can do) finished,all but maybe a coat of clear and any pinstriping. I'll get a pic posted soon as it's dry enuff to set it down (didn't think that thru,did I? Been holding it almost an hour :shock: :? :p :lol: ).

LOL! :lol: ,I need to build me a good bench and put a vice on it. You know,in retrospect...I coulda clamped the steer tube in the repair stand :shock: :? ,LOL!

Well,here's the pic. Ma Mopar engine Turquoise. Hope to get more done this week. (I think I'm gunna hafta order another can a paint too...$15 per can-shoulda just airbrushed it,wouldn't have been more $).

TPsFork1.jpg

TPsFork2.jpg

Shines much better than the poor lighting in the pic shows,but I was rushing to get the pics shot. :oops:

Re: Tina's Pride-Couple pics added 5-19-09

did you ever straighten out the frame?...

soooo, i had an idea on how to...

a small bottle jack, some pipe, and a block of wood..

place the pipe inside the frame at the rear tri at the drop outs, dont use to big of pipe or it will bent the other contact points
(possibley a junk axle would work too, just bolt in place)

place the block of wood along the bend, a short lenth of 2x4 should work... then...

put the bottom of the jack on the pipe expand it up into the 2x4 and heat as you straighten.....

i may go bend one of my bikes to test it out...

That sounds like it'd work :idea: :)
I haven't touched it in a few days,been pretty busy with the kids (and the s'kool's pool opened today,so...) and been on a couple longer rides when I shoulda been wrenching :oops:
I'll probably get the whole frame ready for primer before I mess with it,tho I'm still not 100% convinced it's not just in the design (hard to explain,and harder to tell in the pics,but I digress...) :?

I hadn't really been looking yet (mentioned it to my friend who also owns an LBS :wink: ),but at that price,definately have to look at Wallymart soon! Thanks :mrgreen: Those wouldn't happen to have been whitewalls would they?

LOL! Beggars can't afford to be choosy,tho..I'll still look into em next trip to town (may have to wait a payday or so tho). Thanks for the heads up on em,mucho appreciated! :mrgreen:

Re: Tina's Pride-New Pics added 5-24-09

Worked on it a couple hours today,till it started raining.

Where once there was only rust,I applied some elbow grease and steel wool,now where rust was,there's shiny (or at least no rust :roll: ).

The chaingaurd is salvagable...
Chaingaurd1-1.jpg

Crankset looks much better...
Crankset1.jpg

Crankset2.jpg

Front fender may not be shiny,but it's now paintable...
FrontFender1.jpg

FrontFender2.jpg

FrontFender3.jpg

Rear fender for comparison (front was worse)...
RearFenderBefore.jpg

Handlebars look almost new...
Handlebars1.jpg

Handlebars2.jpg

Tomorrow,when I should be grillin,instead I'll be chillin (with the rear fender,and a wheel or two. 8))

Hey SingleSpeed...look'in fine so far.Instead of using a bunch of elbow grease & steel wool I've opted for "un-dipping" some old chrome stuff at my friend Steve's plating shop both for a "look" and cause it's easier
to weld with the chrome off.Thanx for asking after me...good to know when brothers got your back...how you do'in my friend? Bikes look'in up...love the color...to paint or not to paint...that is the question...I'm
still not sure wether I'll do it or not...talk at ya later...Pappy 8)

Thanks for the kind words,my friend! Been doing fine,but really busy since school's almost out. We may be having to move in the next month or so too (don't know yet)...that's always fun :? .

Still haven't decided to leave chromed or paint the chaingaurd... :D

Latest posts

Back