Today's finds, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Found these today about a mile from my house. Brought home the Hawthorne but mother earth just about claimed it back. I got the headbadge off, hoping to get the seat and seat post, not too optimistic about the rest. Frame and fork are shot.
a00684d0a4b7aad4f8d8a273046feb53.jpg

Here's a Roadmaster, pretty cool but not sure what to offer on it. What's the model?
4c8cc989c6aac702b2fde23fd36a3f3e.jpg

Next are the unknowns. Possibly interested in the smaller bike, not sure what it is or what to offer on it either. Would like to get the headlight off of the woman's bike:
813feeaa7e908267c5b58ebce5e1539e.jpg

a5ade0d0c48fa796a93d9b0f2bf4d0f8.jpg
. These are right around the corner from me and will be cheap but I want to be fair to them. We'll see what happens in the next few days, they aren't going anywhere.

Last edited:
First bike? Hawthorne head badge? I'm looking for one of those. That looks like a prewar frame.

The second bike is an AMF made bike, late 50's judging from the chain wheel. May have batteries in the tank with a date stamp.

Third is a kid's convertible bike, AMF or MTD.

The last one looks like a Hawthorne, Snyder made, late 40's maybe?

Last edited:
Hawthorne head badge? That looks like a prewar frame.

The second bike is an AMF made bike, late 50's judging from the chain wheel.

Third is a kid's convertible bike, AMF also.

The last one looks like a Hawthorne, Snyder made, late 40's maybe?
b80a582e264f24c1a0a51436fa3be2d6.jpg

This came off of the top prewar bike. Frame is rusted through and bent, fork as well. I had high hopes but unfortunately, it's beyond repair. I thought the third bike looked like possibly a 20", haven't seen it in person. Never seen one like it that I can remember.

Did a couple edits on the post above.
The tank on the kid's bike drops down to make it a girl's bike.

Latest posts

Back