Too big???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was thinking about adding this.

Found at Harbor Freight for 14 bucks, looked vintage and simple and I wanted a headlight a little larger than the typical retro headlight. Really do not want to look like the major Portland uber dork... what do you guys and gals think?

Too big!

head2.jpg

head3c.jpg

head1.jpg

Thanks!!!

looks good to me too i dont think headlights can be too big

Hmmmm........I need to build a big headlight for my Rat Fink, and that thing looks like a good starting point. What kind of mounting bracket does that thing come with?

Rooski said:
Hmmmm........I need to build a big headlight for my Rat Fink, and that thing looks like a good starting point. What kind of mounting bracket does that thing come with?

The bracket is perfect for mounting to the roof or bumper of a truck :mrgreen:
I'm going to be fabricating this one myself... when I'm done I will post

Looks good to me but I also think if it was any bigger it might be too much. I might have to pick up one of these for my trike.

Man, I think the light likes good, but you could use deeper fenders and that would help the light like better.
Show us the whole bike.

I think it's just right. How bright is it? Take a night shot with it on for us!

That's too funny - I bought the SAME LIGHT from Checker Auto Parts for my Cranbrook - origin bobber...it didn't look near as good as yours!

How did you end up mounting it?

No way man!
I think it's probably just big enough to make people look twice, without looking "out of place big".
That thing looks pretty sharp too!

dos cruiser said:
Man, I think the light likes good, but you could use deeper fenders and that would help the light like better.
Show us the whole bike.

The rest of the bike can be seen in the same forum as "motorized electra".

Thank for all the great comments, I'll show how I mounted it after I mount it securely :D

In a world full of ape hanger bars, it looks just fine.

It looks just fine anyway.

Latest posts

Back