Top Fueler Drag Forks 2019 READY!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tubes are bent, ends rounded, holes drilled. Off to the polisher tomorrow. I will know then about how long they will take there. Stay Tuned!

20190401_180259.jpg
20190401_180310.jpg

Should be a week or so untill the polisher calls. Then getting time at the welder. One or two days there then I have to polish off the welding blue.
I won't forget you.

I got everything back from the polisher today. Everything looks Great. Perfect Mirror finish. Everything is at the welders now. Probably by weeks end they will be welded. I found a machine to take off the welding blue Super Easy. No harm to the surface. It's pricey at $2500 but I can do all 10 forks in less time then I can do 1 with the dremel. Biggest reason for wanting it is no damage by the dremel hitting the plates or fork tubes.
Here is a video of it. LMK what you think.

The bike looks really cool! You'll get some Looks now. These forks are only bent to 45 degrees not 60 like original top fuelers. If anyone thinks they look different that's why. I like the way it sits too with the 20 inch front tire. A lot of people use a 16 x 1 3/8 rim. It's just a little bit smaller in height. Thanks for posting it!

I was thinking of installing it on one of my Screamers. The bike on the left to be exact. How hard would it be to install it? Or does it use all the stock hardware/bearings? And will the stock handlebars work?

Attachments

• 20190427_164455.jpg
    20190427_164455.jpg
    671.1 KB · Views: 169
It goes on just like a regular fork. The top plate comes off and on. It will go on the Screamer but might sit a little different because of the rake of the headtube. Your Eliminator take is closer to the Rail this was built off. I put these on a Schwinn Midget and they looked and worked perfect. It will be interesting to see how it looks. Yes a stock gooseneck fits for any handlebars.
CAUTION!!
Be careful the plates do not hit your shifter case when you turn the bike.
This info is for any bikes with plastic shifter cases. Huffy Twin Stick EXTREME CAUTION!!

A few rides under your belt it gets easier.

Keep a grip on the bars but the death grip works against you

Takes the right ‘tude

Folding is how I’ve heard it best described. You don’t turn the bike you fold it in the middle

I’ve found sitting up close to the bars in turns helps. That and as you’ve said, slow down

Latest posts

Back