Tour de Fat dates

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy, Have fun.

Tour de Fat is like its own town. First the wristbands, then the tokens, and finally the cold beverage of choice.

Pics please.

Might make it

I mentioned it to my brother and he seems pretty interested. We only live about 30 miles away so it really isn't a big deal to get there if we can both get kitchen passes. Just have to decide what to ride.....

Re: Might make it

notrod59 said:
I mentioned it to my brother and he seems pretty interested. We only live about 30 miles away so it really isn't a big deal to get there if we can both get kitchen passes. Just have to decide what to ride.....

Are you referring to Ft Collins? If so look us up. I'll be on the John Deere bike and probably wearing a "Coasters bicycle club" t-shirt.

Already wore my RRB t-shirt out and about town last night :D

Just got back

I looked all over for the john deere bike but never saw it/ you. Of course there were so many people there it was un-believeable!!!
I sure hope you had as much fun as we did!!!!
My brother was non-stop about building more and better for next year.
I'll get some pics up soon (I can't do it right now, the kid's gone so we get a date night :wink: ) .

Have a safe trip home!!!!

Re: Just got back

notrod59 said:
it was un-believeable!!!
I sure hope you had as much fun as we did!!!!

Unbelievable is right
With Jon as my witness we had a great time!!!!
The local paper said an estimated 4600 riders in the parade which will easily break the current Guiness Book of World Records.

There is no way to put in words what an experience this was. The pictures and video just can't convey it either.

Here's 4 pages of photos http://locojoe.com/bikeblog/pages/tour_de_fat_2007.html
I'm working on some video also.

notrod59 said:
Have a safe trip home!!!!

Thanks!

Me Jon and his girlfriend Jackie.

You saw us!!!

You took a picture of my brother ,img 1116 on your page. He was riding his version of a tall bike. You can see my hand and camera bag in the pic too. 4600 people and you still manage to get a pic of my brother, what are the odds of that?
Here's a link to your pic of him. http://locojoe.com/bikeblog/uploads/tour_de_fat_2007/Img_1116.jpg

That's my hand in the pic too, so now you know what I look like too... :D

In that last video what you see are people circling this giant "round about" while others are still pouring in from the parade. They kind of stalled us at this place because we were nearing the end of the parade route and there were still riders leaving the starting point. The parade route was a giant loop (maybe a couple miles) and the stretch of riders must have been longer than the parade route.

Tour De Wholly Cow!!!!

Hey everyone, Randy we made it home finally. Well people it was a blast
wish you were there. pic's and vid's just dont do it justice.
they'll give an idea what it was like but im tellin you it was unreal.
over 4000 riders and there many more who probably didnt even ride in the parade.
the costumes were wonderful and the bikes...customs, mountain,road,cruiser and the oddball!!! there was a pirate ship and a steam roller and even one with flapping wings again unreal!
well i hope to see you next year!!

jon

Latest posts

Back