TOXIC Yamaha MTX Moto-Bike RatRod J60

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After the Japanese "copied" the blueprints of our beloved Kawasaki BX200.
I decided not to be outdone, and fabricated an American version using a "real" Kawasaki.
"It has always been the American way to take a Good idea and make it Better".
They "took" it, and I took it back & then some... Here's some pics of MY TOXIC MTX.
And, The YAMAHA that I will be using for the project. Before they "aquire" it also...
"Gonna beat'em to the punch so to speak" You may research the MTX using this link.

(I can not post a Toxic MTX "Kawasaki" picture because of the copyrights)

https://www.google.com/search?q=tox...ICA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg&biw=1146&bih=627&dpr=1.25

A CLEAN SLATE
100_3816_zps4b84cdec.jpg

MY "American~Style" MTX
000_0007_zps85b9ae6d.jpg

000_0008_zps657fba0f.jpg

"All of the parts that I will be using to build the Toxic 1976 Yamaha Moto-Bike MTX are in the mail"

Last edited:
Get some hair peroxide to whiten those wheels. The stuff is a paste you brush on. Set the wheels in the sun for a day or more per side. This will take the yellow out of the wheels. Bleach will not remove the yellow.
Different set of wheels same results.
Here's the stuff. I got it off the bay for around 12 shipped.

Great looking Kawasaki, can't wait to see the Yamaha.
You really need to post that peroxide idea in the How To section of the forum!

Get some hair peroxide to whiten those wheels. The stuff is a paste you brush on. Set the wheels in the sun for a day or more per side. This will take the yellow out of the wheels. Bleach will not remove the yellow.

Thanks but, I'm thinking about Rit Dyeing them Grey ???

Last edited:
Got My Plan In Motion...
000_0001_zpsesz8n5co.jpg

Spent most of the day with the wheels hung up and sprayed with household bleach. Until I can decide whether to finish bleaching them the right way or to dye them grey? I installed them for inspiration. I also installed an orion silver sparkle covered Kawasaki seat that I had on it in an earlier post. It also has Kawasaki front forks, rear shocks, sprocket & chainguard. I added some bear claw pedals, new handlebars and I forget the brand of the stem? I wanted to raise them up so an adult could kinda ride it. The crank arms are a little too long, but look good in pics... Here's the problem, my girlfriend don't want me to paint it burgundy. "Says it will look like a girls bike". She likes the Grey and I don't. I want it to be *Spectacular* So, I need some input on the color of the wheels and the Frame. The front & rear fenders will be black with white stripes and emblems including the black pads. Any and all input would be considered...
"Thanks Ahead Of Time" :crazy:

Last edited:
PS: I put the springs on the forks to cover up some pitting. "I think that they look pretty good" :113:

Last edited:
"Is it a Yamasaki or a Kawahama?" lol

I guess that could apply to either bike.

How about Toxic Green color?

*DING*DING*DING*

We have a Winner !!!

TOXIC :D FLUORESCENT :D SLIME LIME GREEN IT IS

Thanks Cman Clancy... "You're Always There To Help"

Now, "Where's That Australian Guy? Is He Hiding???"

Last edited:
The springs look good. Could you put a bigger(thicker) spring on, that would look cool.

Those were the only size I could find anywhere...

Gonna leave whats left of the discoloration on the wheels as toxic sludge :D lol !!!

Grey wheels would go great with the Toxic slime Green

Yeah, I was thinking that too... But, I already ordered white decals & stripping tape. For the black fenders & pads. Gotta lotta $$$ invested... We'll see when it's built which color wheels would be best. Thanks again! :D Clancy

Sneak Peek.. :D
000_00011_zps8iaryi7c.jpg

This front fender is from a Kawasaki KX 65. I cut about 3" out of the middle? So it won't hang down. The front section mounts over top of the rear. Via a bolt hole just above the stripe.

"I left the front fender lightly sanded & unfinished"
000_00022_zpslasppy8s.jpg

My 1976 Yamaha Moto Bike rear fender is a little rough...
000_0008_zpsa4dmdebk.jpg

Last edited:
"Got the frame ready for painting" Gonna show the Japanese how it's done. In America U S A

Last edited:
I do not have anything against Japan or the Japanese People. This thread is concerning a company in Japan manufacturing Vintage Kawasaki BX200 reproductions. With or without the right to do so. And then, not making them available to the American public. Because, either they could'nt or would'nt. For legal issues or not?

Latest posts

Back