Toys put away for the deep freeze

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh, the Midwest. But at least all the leaves are gone and the weeds are dead so I can see stuff in back yards better! :D
100_4477.jpg

My carbon road bike is on the trainer in my office and will stay there all winter. I put fatter tires on my commuter/touringbike. I'll ride it all winter, even in the snow. The vintage bikes are sitting in the garage all covered up waiting for spring

Anything to keep in mind when storing old bikes where temps will drop below freezing?

momona said:
Anything to keep in mind when storing old bikes where temps will drop below freezing?
Rub a bit of oil over the chrome to keep it from rusting if they are stored anywhere moisture can get to. Maybe do your seasonal tune up and get it ready for spring.

Uncle Stretch said:
Yeah us too , I'm hoping that by February we can stop mowing the grass.....maybe :shock:
We stop mowing the lawn in early October, then it's leave clean up until mid November :roll: Then there's snow removal until late March somtimes early April :shock:

I WISH I could mow the lawn all year round :shock: :shock: :shock:

Peatbog said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:
I WISH I could mow the lawn all year round :shock: :shock: :shock:

Well, if it helps, you could mow mine next summer. :mrgreen:

If you were close by I would! :D

One thing that keeps me interested in bikes is the off season.

There ain't nothin' like missin' something.
I try to have a set date, Nov 15, to end the season. That's about the time the car windows frost over and it's time to put the car in the garage.

The seasons start is usually more flexible, most times around April 15th.

How about the Corvair? Is it put away for the winter too? They go good in the snow!

Latest posts

Back