Trailmate bmx

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of you Florida guys may remember them from back in the day. With help from guys on here we have narrowed it down to be a Trailmate. Can't find anything online about them except the company is still around and sales specialty trikes. Aired up the tires and took it for a ride (hoping that the worn out rear tire wouldn't blow on me) It rides smooth. Not sure what all I'll do to it besides replacing the back kenda motocross tire and putting era correct grips and seat on it.

I got a 26" Trailmate cruiser. It's a diamond frame, tall-boy (20" seat-tube), with an extra top tube. REALLY weird looking, ugliest welds I've seen since 8th grade metal shop class, but I think it's gotta be my comfiest cruiser....

What made y'all think it's a Trailmate? Not for nothin', but the drop-outs look "wrong" to me, as far as trailmates go.....

Can't find any other 20 inch trailmates to compare it to but the sticker stuff thats left where the head badge was is almost the exact same outline of the trailmate logo.

Contacted Trailmate on FB asking for any info on the bike. sent them the same pics I posted in fresh finds and heres the response I got from them.
Really hard to see in the pictures received, we do have head badge for our products #11718 which can be ordered for $5.95ea at [email protected]

that trail mate as seen on the museum was a special model back when TrailMate was attempting a serious, short lived, experiment in BMX. We are all familiar with the crappy model the DeSoto by trail mate, (sad tuba)
I reluctantly bought a late 70's 26" BMX cruiser made by trail mate, the odd shaped downtube and streched head tube, was about the only thing "fancy" about the model. Hign ten steel frame, department store style dropouts, crimped frame. Id like to have my "sled" repainted, maybe ill hit them up for new decals so the operator can laugh at me on the phone for still owing that mistake.....My comback willl be "yeah well your paychecks depend on sales of the deSoto, sorry for your luck"

Latest posts

Back