Trans-MIG-RaT

Mar 26, 2012
Maplewood, MN
I said it before and I’ll say it again, one of my favorite builds to watch progress. Mad skills, sir!
I appreciate the vote of confidence! This build was a new adventure in design and a combination of techniques and ideas I have used on other builds, along with a couple of new ones.

Sep 7, 2014
Columbus OH
Always a treat to tune in and see what you're up to in the Back 40. This one was especially interesting. Probably the most transparent gender change I've seen. Really looks like a classic rat and the oddjobby hot rod vibe sets it off nicely. One of your best my friend.

Jan 2, 2018
very cool! was it a gap toothed chain and chain ring originally? asking because of the built=in chain tensioners on the frame :)

Reactions: OddJob
Mar 26, 2012
Maplewood, MN
very cool! was it a gap toothed chain and chain ring originally? asking because of the built=in chain tensioners on the frame :)
Riley, it was a skip-toothed crank / cog / chain originally. I wanted to use the Nexus 4 spd internal hub, so I went with a more modern chain ring. Plus, that 4 spd is progressive, so I've found that you need a ring that is 36 t or less, or else your 1st isn't low enough for hills.

Mar 26, 2012
Maplewood, MN
Always a treat to tune in and see what you're up to in the Back 40. This one was especially interesting. Probably the most transparent gender change I've seen. Really looks like a classic rat and the oddjobby hot rod vibe sets it off nicely. One of your best my friend.
Thanks Chad, I appreciate the kudos friend! Now if I could just figure out what the "oddjobby hot rod vibe" is so I can replicate that! :bigsmile:

I'm going to try and get a longer ride vid of this bike. It is a cool rider, different position than my others, but rolls along so smooth and takes the turns low with that lower position seat and the big tire contact patch.

Reactions: Chad T

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
Brother, this is my favorite build that you have done!
It is one beautiful fatty ratty! Excellent styling, of course ratifciation, and execution! Rat Hot Rodding at its best!!!
EXCELLENT!!!

You probably already know this, but Don't forget that when the Voting thread is created we will use the first pic from your Finished thread. I'm not suggesting anything is wrong with the current pic, just making sure everyone knows.

Reactions: OddJob