Trek Cruiser classic

Oct 18, 2008
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I often thought a few of the Trek cruisers had potential for being made into something cool when we would get them in BITD...

That one has a nice fork!

Knobbies, Surly Sunrise handlebar, drum front brake,.... (Just thinking out loud... ;) )

Reactions: OddJob and JA331
Apr 26, 2020
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I often thought a few of the Trek cruisers had potential for being made into something cool when we would get them in BITD...

That one has a nice fork!

Knobbies, Surly Sunrise handlebar, drum front brake,.... (Just thinking out loud... ;) )
Its so tempting to go overboard on this one but this one needs to be kept low budget for work. I have plenty of nice bits in my parts bins to hang on it. The rear geometry is very similar to the kos i recently bought and the early wtp avenger frame I have hanging in the factory. I'm sure it would be really nice to ride.

Reactions: Bendix
Apr 26, 2020
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered a $12 basket from a fleabay seller today and did a complete service. The tires virtually fell off the rims as the rubber around the beads was shot. Wondering if it had anything to do with the whitewall sections being painted with house oil paint! I have a pair of barely used cheng shin tanwalls off a parts bike. Added a heap of parts I had bought over the years or removed from other bikes with the exception of some $10 bmx grips. A mate trued the wheels. Coming together real nice and I'm worried the cafe and post office runs are going to take a lot longer than before........

Will post some pix of it finished tomorrow.

Apr 26, 2020
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Front sprocket is 40 and rear 18. I think the gearing is fine. De-rusted the chain and the Shimano coaster hub also needs a service.

Mar 26, 2012
Maplewood, MN
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I don't recall if I've ever even seen a Trek coaster bike. ATBs, MTBs, "townies", roadies, plenty, and they were all well made.
They had a pretty good line-up of coaster bikes in the mid-2000's. I used to park them in the front windows of our corner store in Hastings, MN on the car show nights, every other Saturday between Memorial Day and Labor Day. They had 1950's color schemes. I ended up making quite a few deliveries to the classic car owners who didn't have room for a bike, or didn't want to scratch their paint!

They had the Classic series which were steel and lower-priced, and the Drift series which were aluminum frames and forks, really light for a cruiser, and great colors. Here are a few I just found on the internet. Trek stopped producing their own, when they bought the Electra Bicycle Co.

cruiserclassicwmn_whitepink.jpg

driftsinglespeed_orange.jpg
wasabi3_lightdarkteal.jpg
woodytrekcruiser.jpg