TRM Convertible Tank ~virtual mock ups~

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Renaissance Man

__CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)
Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
The 'TRM CONVERTIBLE TANKS' were originally designed for Spaceliner and Flightliner frames. Since then, I have discovered that they will also fit other girls frames including Columbia, Rollfast, and Schwinn.

Lately I've been digitally fitting them on various photos of bikes just to get a look at the possibilities without having to actually have the bike in my possession. It's not a perfect science, but it's accurate enough to get a general feel.

If anyone has a suggestion for a bike that you would like to see a 'virtual mock up' of, let me know and I'll test it out and post photos here if possible.

Here's a 1957 Schwinn Wasp (I'm actually building this one now):)
wasp%20tank%20painted_zpsf4fckz7e.jpg

Last edited:
I think that Elgin takes the cake but then again they're Beautiful on their own..

~Rafael~

I had someone asking about a JC Higgins Colorflow today. I Couldn't find hi-res photo on the web to use, but at least this one shows that it will work.
TRM Colorflow.jpg

Last edited:
I was wondering... do you think it might work on a BOYS cantilever frame?

I posted pics somewhere on here when I got my tank. I put it on a men's spaceliner, an old schwinn cantilever frame, and a viscount cantilever frame.

It'll fit all of them, just have to cut the fiberglass to fit right. I don't know if it will fit a frame designed for 24" wheels, but can mock it up to my typhoon to see.

I know the the scale of these is for a 26" bike, but have you thought about doing a virtual mock on a Schwinn Slik Chik or similar girls muscle bike?

Maybe it would be harder to find a frame that this tank would NOT look good on!
lol, thanks!
Another example of the genius of its' design.
This is one of my favorite applications.
Thanks Doc!
I saw a modern bike at wal e world I think this tank would fit on, just gotta find a good pic.
Track one down and we'll try it.
I was wondering... do you think it might work on a BOYS cantilever frame?
The problem would be fitting the top tube inside of the tank. It would take some modifications but who knows?

I know the the scale of these is for a 26" bike, but have you thought about doing a virtual mock on a Schwinn Slik Chik or similar girls muscle bike?
I really didn't think this would work at all, but it actually surprised me. The rear end of the tank would have to be shortened about 4".
TRM Slik Chik.jpg

I think this is the bike I saw at target, its a 24"
uploadfromtaptalk1453914023280.jpeg

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back